You will work on a small team, helping to improve and manage all aspects of our systems, which are deployed on AWS. We make heavy use of tools such as Docker, Packer, Terraform, Jenkins, and Statsd/Graphite/Grafana and we continually evaluate new technologies as they become production-ready for government contexts.
What you'll do
- Design and build large-scale web services, with multidisciplinary Nava product teams
- Collaborate with government staff and other contractors to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems
- Drive ideas from concept to production, from sketching to wireframing to coordinating with engineering teams on prototyping and implementation
- Propel understanding of users, by running quantitative and qualitative user research initiatives and sharing findings with internal and external collaborators
Skills and responsibilities
What we're looking for
- Experience designing consumer-facing web services used by diverse audiences
- Deep understanding of web and mobile user interface design and best practices
- Ability to drive product vision and iterate on loosely scoped, evolving projects
- Equal parts systems thinker and advocate for users
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, technical and otherwise
- Willingness to travel for onsite research
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards – we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community – we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous compensation and equity packages and value a healthy work/life balance.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.View application