Background/IRC Summary: The Global Communications department is charged with building IRC’s profile and growing our supporter base, to expand our influence and drive revenue. Our urgent mandate for 2017 (and beyond) is to significantly increase audience reach and engagement in digital channels. To achieve this, we’ve consolidated core communications disciplines – digital content, video, social, user experience (UX) design and web development – into an integrated Digital Communications and Content team. This lean and mighty team is content-led, audience-centered and laser-focused on identifying innovative new outreach and engagement approaches for social, search, mobile and emerging digital channels.
Job Overview/Summary: The Digital Content Production Coordinator will proactively coordinate the Digital Communications and Content team’s work producing innovative multimedia web content to engage audiences across our digital channels. The role calls for an experienced content project manager who is both strategic and hands-on, with a firm grasp of digital audience and business dynamics as well as front-line experience coordinating and working within digital editorial or content marketing teams.
Reporting to the Sr. Digital Product Officer, this role works seamlessly across the Communications team and with other key stakeholders (Marketing and fundraising colleagues; IRC’s UK/Europe team) setting an example for excellence in coordination and project management, and executing sector-leading digital content and campaigns.
Skills and responsibilities
- Provide strong and detailed project management for content production on initiatives ranging from larger-scale integrated campaigns to fast-paced news and media pushes.
- Act as point-person for new content requests and proposed content projects coming from within the Comms team as well as partners across the organization. Work with supervisors to triage and prioritize requests, based on the Communications team’s broad strategic agendas.
- Proactively manage digital content projects from start to finish. Work with requestors/project leads to develop Project Briefs that clearly define objectives, audience targets, and content requirements.
- Organize cross-team brainstorming and assist content creators and channel specialists in framing and presenting sharp creative proposals that will deliver against project goals.
- Coordinate production of project deliverables at a detailed level. Run tight production meetings with working groups; compile agendas and coordinate the distribution of meeting notes and tracking follow-ups. Provide timely and clear communication around projects at the working group level, and with key stakeholders; assist with issues spotting and troubleshooting throughout.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous learning and optimization. Assist analytics lead and creators in pulling together performance analysis for projects; coordinate post-mortem meetings.
- Work with supervisors to coordinate weekly Integrated Content Planning meeting(s), including compiling agendas and coordinating the distribution of meeting notes and tracking follow-ups.
- Develop an Integrated Content Production calendar and ensure it is widely used and current. Identify and implement other core project management tools for coordination. Develop and/or s content processes, as needed, to improve efficiency.
- Support supervisors in building out a scaleable, streamlined and flexible project management infrastructure for content. Guide decision-making regarding adoption and use of project management tools and features. Develop/oversee content project policies, procedures and guidance for the organization, and for global colleagues; perform project management trainings for IRC staff and integrate project management processes across IRC staff & departments where needed.
Minimum: B.A. degree in English, journalism, communications, media or related field
- Minimum 3-4 years professional experience in digital communications, editorial or marketing
- Demonstrated experience in content project management and coordination, such as at an agency, in a newsroom, or at a large nonprofit
- Experience in creating new project management systems in the digital content context, including training staff on new systems and encouraging adoption of these new systems
- Experience running effective, productive meetings, from focused coordination meetings to brainstorms to trainings, to ensure staff engagement, alignment and the best quality creative content output
- Experience conducting staff trainings, including presentations and creating process documentation
- Experience working and coordinating across distributed, remote teams
- Outstanding organizational skills and excellent attention to details
- Flexible attitude. Able to constructively manage conflict, ambiguity, change and to juggle multiple projects and competing priorities at once
- Strong collaborative and communication ability; able to channel and manage the multiple stakeholders involved in NGO communications projects
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, diplomatically and calmly in a high-pressure environment on issues that are often complex and politically sensitive
- Project management task tracking tools such as Basecamp, Trello, JIRA
- Digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics — some knowledge of content analytics and goals tracking strongly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of shared document tools such as Box, Google Docs/Drive, AirTable
- Presentation software such as Powerpoint, Keynote
- Template creation using Google docs/PDF/etc.
- Experience with digital content production using a content management system such as Drupal
- Experience using digital asset management tools such as WebDAM
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud products – Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere – a plus.
Standard office work environment.