Newark Public Schools seeks a Data Analyst to support key initiatives and programs in the school related to data analysis.
The Data Analyst is responsible for the disaggregation and analysis of a variety of school-wide data to support teachers to improve and meet the unique academic and social needs of all students, while building the analytic capacity of teachers and instructional coaches to sustain and advance student achievement.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with expertise in school-based technology and data analysis, and to have a lasting impact on Newark’s students and families. This position may also be responsible for other duties as assigned.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Data Analyst will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Plan and facilitate the school-wide data process and data conversations with school faculty
- Train school personnel to lead data teams utilizing a variety of data to make timely and appropriate decisions about curriculum, assessment, instruction, and attendance needs to support the overall school plan and vision
- Keep abreast of all new development in the area of data analysis and disseminate current information to all teachers and administrators
- Provide ongoing professional development to teachers, administrators, and other instructional coaches in the interpretation and use of student data
- Monitor state and local testing and lead analysis of data trends
- Work with school staff to develop best methods for tracking student performance at the school level
- Provide assistance with accessing and interpreting school and student data for parents and families
- Communicate to each student and families academic strengths and weaknesses as measured by a variety of school data to improve student achievement as part of their individualized learning plan
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- College degree (B.A. / B.S)
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a related field (preferred)
- Three (3) years of experience using information systems for data retrieval, data reporting, and using data to guide instructional practice
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of the following:
- Passionate belief that all students can achieve at high levels.
- Personal accountability for serving all students and ensuring their success.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to:
- Work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders at all levels, including but not limited to district personnel, students, families, communities, and/or advocacy groups.
- Solicit feedback while building consensus.
- Maintain positive relationships and build lasting coalitions of support.
- Skillfully navigate existing political structures/systems.
- Strong goal-orientation and focus on results; thrives in achievement-oriented and fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze data, identify trends, pinpoint problems and root causes, and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent execution and project management skills, including ability to balance the big picture with detailed steps.
- Knowledge and expertise in utilizing data to improve instruction in the classroom
- Knowledge of basic statistics and their application
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to deliver technical assistance in a form understood by stakeholders