As an Application Developer at the City of Dallas, you will work with the City's software development lifecycle to design and develop new enhancements to the software as well as work on legacy software that meet business specifications. Primary responsibilities include requirements analysis to gain understanding of business needs to develop level effort estimates, software design and development, unit testing, performing design and code reviews, and development of technical documentation. Additional responsibilities include performing system analysis, code modifications and functional testing to troubleshoot application production issues.
You must be able to work with team to build products on the cutting edge of usability, interaction, and design. The ideal candidate is someone who's comfortable taking ownership of their work and effectively searching for creative solutions to the complex problems we encounter. You will: work in high-communication environment where collaboration is key to your day-to-day success; implement new features and optimize existing ones from draft to implementation; and work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, management, UI designers, customers, and other engineers and creating innovative new ways to easily manage complicated things. You will also be responsible for creating a great UI and UX for our customers.
- Deadline: n/a
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, computer science or related field.
- No felony or class A misdemeanor convictions.
- No class B misdemeanor conviction within the last ten (10) years.
- No family violence convictions.
- Cannot currently be on deferred adjudication for any felony, class A misdemeanor or class B misdemeanor charge.
- Deep knowledge on HTTP and REST
- Expert CSS and HTML skills
- Master's degree or higher in a stated field will meet education and experience requirements.
- Experience with projects that show aptitude for front-end engineering and product design