Socrata is seeking a product leader to identify, quantify and execute key business and product initiatives as well as be a motivating and effective people manager. As a Director of Product Management, you will focus on managing our product portfolio with a keen focus on what we are doing now, but also looking ahead to the future for our customers, and be a key leader within the product development team.
In this role, you will continuously balance responsibilities of product and people management. You will drive the entrepreneurial spirit within Socrata by being at the forefront of innovation. The position reports to the Director of Product Development and is based in our Seattle, WA office.
This Position Has Two Primary Roles:
- Portfolio management, what we doing 6 months from now?
- People manager
Things That We Need From This Position:
- Focus on the metrics side of the portfolio
- Visionary instead of reactionary. Need someone pulling our less experienced folks out of the weeds
- Seasoned and relevant product experience
- P&L savvy - Understanding which of the three of the 15 things are going to unlock things
- Skills in working across the portfolio
Skills and responsibilities
What You'll Be Doing:
- Responsible for building Socrata’s product management capabilities, fueling revenue growth, and pursuing market opportunities.
- Partner with product development to develop and continuously deliver high quality features.
- Develop, shape and evolve company’s market strategies and growth plans.
- Define appropriate product investments and guide the development of platform, solutions, apps and ecosystem products.
- Partner with sales, marketing, and customer support to develop go-to-market strategy..
- Undertake continuous market sensing, buyer and user persona development and competitive analysis and product positioning in order to achieve and maintain a high degree of product-market fit.
- Support corporate communications at industry events.
- 5 years of experience in a similar/related position (Marketing Director, Sr. Product Manager, Web Dev Manager).
- Experience must include: Market opportunity analysis in early-stage, high-growth environments.
- Experience with product segmentation strategy in B2B (“Business-to-Business”) software space, including Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”); Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) models in large-scale data intensive industries like telecommunications or financial services.
- Experience leading software development life-cycles.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of time.