Socrata is a company with a purpose. We believe that data – when it’s easy to find and use and when it’s presented with context – can illuminate, inform and inspire. Socrata develops cloud-based software products and solutions that democratize access to public sector data and put it into people’s hands so they can use it at work, at home and on the go. Our industry-leading solutions are enhanced by a proven customer success methodology, delivered by professional digital government change agents. When we succeed at helping governments transform from analog to digital institutions – becoming data-driven – the people who stand to benefit from streamlined access to government data include both external stakeholders and internal government employees.
Front-End Software Engineers at Socrata build experiences that citizens around the world rely upon to learn more about their communities, and hold their governments accountable.
- Deadline: n/a
We want to hear from you if:
- You want to build customer-facing experiences that encourage transparency and drive better, more efficient governance.
- You care about scalable, robust, well-tested code and have experience with testing frameworks like Mocha, Chai, RSpec or similar tools.
- You want to work in company where everybody believes in a shared mission and has a strong sense of shared responsibility.
- You provide code reviews to your team members, especially any more junior engineers on the team. You are a strong communicator, both within and outside of engineering, with a willingness to both mentor and teach when appropriate.
We especially want to hear from you if:
- You are comfortable making technical decisions when there is no clear correct answer.
- You have a proven track record of shipping great products.
- You are not afraid to hold yourself accountable and learn from mistakes.