MOCS is recruiting for one (1) Computer System Manager MI to function as a Java Developer who will be:
• Creating technical/application design specifications, hands-on coding, building and deploying the code in lower environments, unit testing and troubleshooting application issues and fixes
• Developing/updating deployment scripts
• Assisting in setting up build environments
• Identifying development tasks and providing the level of effort to complete the tasks
• Responsible for creating unit tests and unit test results reports
• Responsible for Creating unit tests and unit test results reports
• Contributing to new technology projects as assigned and provide operations & maintenance support for existing Applications
Skills and responsibilities
• At least 3-5 years of experience developing Java/J2EE web based applications.
• Experience using SQL Developer and SQL Plus.
• Basic understanding of ETL processes and scheduled automated processes.
• Experience developing applications in ntier environments.
Preferred business skills include:
• Understand complex Business Processes and Business Rules.
• Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio; outstanding collaboration, team building and problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate with 3rd parties as needed for requirements gathering and clarifying functional requirements.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent analytic, organization, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Learn and adapt to new management software systems (i.e. Remedy, HP Quality Center, SharePoint, etc.)
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a fouryear
high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.