The Mayor's Office of Contract Services (MOCS) works with agencies, vendors, and providers to ensure that the contracting process is fair, efficient, transparent, and cost effective to the City. Our mission is to provide leadership in the procurement process through knowledge, teamwork, and communication; support city agencies’ policy and programmatic goals; ensure integrity, accountability, and vendor responsibility; safeguard public funds; increase efficiencies and monitor costs; and maintain and oversee vendor information systems.
Skills and responsibilities
MOCS is recruiting for one (1) Computer System Manager MI to function as a Quality Assurance Engineer who will:
- Develop testing approach and scripts (both automated and manual) based on established standards and the analysis of design documentation and requirements
- Define automated test criteria, designs & develop the test automation framework and automate tests cases for all functionality that meets specified automation criteria
- Communicate automation priorities and status across the team
- Develop ETL and database automation scripts and help in load testing
- Manage testing process using an SDLC tracking system
- Create and/or contribute in the design of various testing deliverables and other project deliverables
- Work with developers and support teams to resolve defects and environment issues
- Acquire and create test data and analyze/verify data
- Maintain up-to-date documentation
- Perform and coordinate testing activities including developing and running test scripts, coordinating UAT and tracking defect/fixes
Preferred technical skills include:
• At least 3-5 years of experience leading a test team on complex IT projects
• Understand and write/update Functional and Technical documentation
• Intermediate SQL skills (select, insert, update, joins, data types, sub-queries/nested queries, etc.)
• Experience using SQL Developer, SQL Plus and FTP clients
• Familiarity with HTML/CSS/XML, web services and SoapUI testing
• Basic understanding of ETL processes and scheduled automated processes
• Understanding of SDLC environments/tiers and their functions (DEV, TST, STG, PRD, etc.)
• Experience testing on various web browsers and browser versions and configuring browser settings
• Experience with Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber and automation frameworks
• Experience creating automated testing scripts for both functional and performance testing
• Experience creating test data for both manual and automation testing
Preferred business skills include:
• Ability to learn and understand complex Business Processes and Business Rules quickly.
• Problem solving and issue resolution skills.
• Communicate with 3rd parties as needed for requirements gathering.
• Attention to detail.
• Lead meetings and prioritize assignments.
• Learn and adapt to new management software systems (i.e. Remedy, HP Quality Center, SharePoint, etc.).
satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a fouryear
high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in "1" above.
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.