Binti’s mission is to help every child have a safe, loving and stable family through our work building software for foster care and adoption agencies.
We currently work with adoption agencies in 30 states to help them accept online applications from potential adoptive parents. We have recently expanded to also work with foster care agencies, helping them recruit and approve foster parents more quickly and allowing their social workers to spend more time on social work and less time on paperwork. Customers include the Counties of Alameda, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Francisco, among others. There is so much software can do to improve outcomes for children in foster care and we view our current offerings as only the beginning.
Binti is a for-profit, mission-driven software company based in San Francisco, CA. Investors include First Round Capital, Kapor Capital, and Lowercase Capital.
As Binti’s first DevOps hire, you will play a crucial role in guiding our systems development by taking ownership of our infrastructure, refining our deployment practices, supporting our security and compliance goals, and shaping the culture of our DevOps team.
Our primary application is a conventional Ruby on Rails / Postgres monolith. Binti is hosted on Google Cloud and deployed under Kubernetes.
- Mission-driven tech company where you can have a direct impact on children joining loving families
- Competitive salary and equity
- Open (and mandatory!) vacation policy
- Great medical and dental benefits, fully paid
- Focus on learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences
- Ample budget for your choice of equipment
- Time to work on open source projects
- Self-motivated, experienced engineer who enjoys owning projects from inception to completion
- Demonstrated success operating a web-based system of interesting scale and availability requirements
- Startup DNA a must, including having a growth mindset, thriving in chaos, having a sense of urgency, and being comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Track record of breaking through brick walls on your way to success
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills