Binti’s mission is to help every child have a safe, loving and stable family through our work building software for foster care and adoption agencies.
We currently work with adoption agencies in 30 states to help them accept online applications from potential adoptive parents. We have recently expanded to also work with foster care agencies, helping them recruit and approve foster parents more quickly and allowing their social workers to spend more time on social work and less time on paperwork. Customers include the Counties of Alameda, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Francisco, among others. There is so much software can do to improve outcomes for children in foster care and we view our current offerings as only the beginning.
Binti is a for-profit, mission-driven software company based in San Francisco, CA. Investors include First Round Capital, Kapor Capital, and Lowercase Capital.
As Binti’s first data-engineering specialist, you will play a crucial role in elevating our engineering team’s capabilities around data. Binti’s data has vast potential for improving outcomes in our nation’s foster care system, and we’re just scratching the surface.
Binti’s customers are government agencies that are extremely grateful to shift their data responsibilities onto Binti. Our primary product is web-based and hosted in Google Cloud under Kubernetes. Data in our system is generally HIPAA-eligible.
- Mission-driven tech company where you can have a direct impact on children joining loving families
- Competitive salary and equity
- Open (and mandatory!) vacation policy
- Great medical and dental benefits, fully paid
- Focus on learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences
- Ample budget for your choice of equipment
- Time to work on open source projects
- Deadline: n/a
- Self-motivated, experienced engineer who enjoys owning projects from inception to completion
- Demonstrated success subduing large volumes of rapidly-changing data and distilling it into actionable insights
- Startup DNA a must, including having a growth mindset, thriving in chaos, having a sense of urgency, and being comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Track record of breaking through brick walls on your way to success
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills