Binti’s mission is to help every child have a safe, loving and stable family through our work building software for foster care and adoption agencies.
We currently work with adoption agencies in 30 states to help them accept online applications from potential adoptive parents. We have recently expanded to also work with foster care agencies, helping them recruit and approve foster parents more quickly and allowing their social workers to spend more time on social work and less time on paperwork. Customers include the Counties of Alameda, Los Angeles, Orange, and San Francisco, among others. There is so much software can do to improve outcomes for children in foster care and we view our current offerings as only the beginning.
Binti is a for-profit, mission-driven software company based in San Francisco, CA. Investors include First Round Capital and Lowercase Capital.
As an early engineer, you’ll help define Binti’s engineering culture and practice extreme ownership over critical user-facing software that is literally finding kids homes.
Some of the areas in which we are especially seeking to round out our engineering team include devops, security, and compliance (we’re seeking a full-stack engineer interested in contributing in these areas early on – whether or not you are already an expert).
- Mission-driven tech company where you can have a direct impact on children joining loving families
- Competitive salary and equity
- Open (and mandatory!) vacation policy
- Great medical and dental benefits, fully paid
- Focus on learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences
- Ample budget for your choice of equipment
- Time to work on open source projects
- Deadline: n/a
- Self-motivated, experienced engineer who enjoys owning projects from inception to completion
- Comfortable delving into the full stack (including infrastructure)
- End to end experience building, shipping, and maintaining products. Preference for work experience at an early stage startup.
- Startup DNA a must, including having a growth mindset, thriving in chaos, having a sense of urgency, and being comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Track record of breaking through brick walls on your way to success
- At least one year of professional software engineering experience (this is a hard requirement for this role; please do not respond if you do not meet this qualification)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills