Ad Hoc, born out of the rescue of HealthCare.gov, is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. We bring technologists together to collaborate closely with government partners to solve the right problems and deliver software that works. We give agencies confidence that they have the right digital skills on board to meet the demands of their mission and the needs of their users.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
The Director of Product is the leader and cultural steward of the product management practice at Ad Hoc. They are responsible for defining the core values and approaches that ensure the “health” of the product discipline at Ad Hoc, as well as guiding and communicating the impact of the practice across a wide portfolio of teams. This position crosses boundaries, ensuring connections are made between team members, and advocating on their behalf when called upon.
As an expert in their craft, the Director will set direction for product management at Ad Hoc. They will do this by articulating a compelling vision and roadmap for how the practice should evolve in order to support Ad Hoc’s business goals and industry trends, and will serve as an effective advocate for product management within government by engaging in thought-leadership and public engagement.
Successful candidates will have a track-record of leading distributed and cross-functional teams towards outcomes and direct experience managing or coaching other product managers. Experience working in a client services environment (i.e. consulting or a digital product agency) is strongly preferred, as is knowledge of and interest in working with government.
This role reports to the Vice President of Digital Services and will work closely with Ad Hoc’s other Practice Directors to develop industry-leading perspectives and approaches for delivering effective digital services in government.
Skills and responsibilities
What You'll Do
- Articulate a forward-thinking vision for product management within government
- Execute against a roadmap for how Ad Hoc’s product practice should continue to evolve by developing new capabilities and approaches that meet the needs of our people and the market
- Develop the core values and approaches that guide how we build products for clients and which support the health of the product discipline at Ad Hoc
- Define, measure, and communicate the impact of our products and our approach across a wide portfolio of programs
- Serve as a coach and mentor for Ad Hoc’s product staff; proactively build organizational structures and systems for scale
- Support recruitment and staffing activities for your area of expertise and for the company at large; develop strategies to build robust and diverse hiring pipelines
- Help define, manage and deliver on key initiatives that support operational needs within the company
- Promote knowledge-sharing across disciplines and teams; develop artifacts and other content that highlights the value of Ad Hoc’s approach, and codifies lessons-learned
- Work with business, program, and practice leadership to guide the direction of our products and to develop product-driven strategies that support Ad Hoc’s business goals
Washington,DCThis is a remote role.
- This job is remote friendly.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a contractor to the federal government, all hires may be required to complete additional background screenings at the time of hire or any time thereafter as requested.
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Use What You Need Vacation Policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year of service
- Continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.