At PowerMyLearning, we believe that students are most successful when supported by a triangle of strong learning relationships between students, teachers, and families. We partner with schools and districts nationwide to transform teaching and family engagement through professional development services and through our award-winning innovation, Family Playlists. PowerMyLearning is especially committed to students from low-income communities, students with learning differences, and English Language Learners.
Skills and responsibilities
- Serve as an active member of PowerMyLearning's executive leadership team
- Communicate financial matters to management; the Board of Directors and its committees; and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the Finance team embraces a team-oriented culture of high performance; learning and continuous improvement; and customer service
- Model PowerMyLearning's values, and champion policies and procedures that advance diversity, equity, and inclusion
Financial Management and Oversight
- Lead all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization
- Oversee the implementation of effective policies and procedures and robust internal controls
- Supervise team to ensure the integrity and reliability of all accounting functions, including receipts; disbursements; purchasing; payroll; invoicing; bank reconciliation; grants management and reporting; cash flow management; and audit preparation
- Direct the monthly and annual close processes and ensure production of timely, accurate and FASB-compliant financial reports
- Oversee the annual audit process; liaise with external auditors and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Lead meetings with the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors
- Oversee relationships with banks and other financial institutions
- Review financial systems and processes; identify opportunities for improvement; and implement enhancements
Financial Analysis and Planning
- Lead annual budgeting and planning process; review and administer all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; keep leadership team abreast of the organization's financial status
- Drive long-term financial forecasting and budgeting
- This job is remote friendly.
- Passion for PowerMyLearning's mission.
- At least 8 years' experience of increasing financial management responsibility for organizations with at least $5M in annual revenues, preferably with at least 3 years' experience as CFO or equivalent
- Significant experience with nonprofit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting
- Demonstrated strength in leadership and collaboration
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Capacity to thrive under pressure while working on multiple tasks and projects
- Financial management experience with organizations that have significant fee-for-service revenue, preferably including revenue from sales to K-12 schools and districts
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. PowerMyLearning also offers medical, dental, and vision insurance with an employee contribution.
Qualified candidates can apply by visiting https://powermylearning.applicantpro.com/jobs/. You will need to submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter (outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how you heard about this opportunity).
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.