Binti is reinventing foster care through technology. We are a Series A stage mission-driven tech company. We believe it’s possible for every child to have a family and we believe technology can be a huge force for change in making that happen. We partner with state and county governments and build software for social workers and families that helps drive real outcomes for children. We’ve helped approve over 17,000 families to foster and adopt children, and used by nearly 5,000 social workers to improve daily workflows.
You'll work closely with the Head of Business Development and CEO on setting sales and business development strategy. You will be instrumental in defining metrics for Account Executives and the Sales Development Representative to help us grow to all 50 U.S. states and beyond.
The Sales Operations Lead will be responsible for leading efforts within the Business Development team to exceed objectives through optimization of people, processes, and technology. This role will have ownership of forecasting, territory and quota planning, sales metrics and data analysis, enablement and training. Working closely with the Director of Business Development, this role will provide strategic guidance and recommendations on budget and headcount, sales compensation, and overall sales effectiveness. This individual will act as a strategic advisor to the Director of Business Development, provide ongoing daily support to the sales organization, and build strong relationships cross-functionally to support company goals.
Skills and responsibilities
- Strategy and Planning
- Work closely with the executive team to develop the go-to-market strategy
- Drive sales strategy and planning through the creation and iteration of key objectives and measurements
- Partner with Finance to advise on headcount and resource planning
- Build and manage territory plans for existing and new sales personnel, including quota and key account targets
- Drive quarterly and annual strategic and operational reviews
- Ensure ongoing alignment with Engineering and Product on new/upcoming technology and features, customer requests, and competitive/market requirements
- Implement customer segmentation, targeting, and positioning initiatives that guide resource allocation and areas of strategic focus
- Sales Operational Excellence
- Own and drive the sales forecasting process to ensure high levels of accuracy and quality in the pipeline
- Drive optimal deployment of sales personnel through the type of role, coverage models, and territory mapping
- Develop sales incentive structures that attract and retain top talent
- Design sales compensation plans that reward achievement of objectives and are aligned with business goals and go-to-market strategy
- Communicate, implement, and administer commission plans and other incentives
- Partner with the Sales and larger Business Development team to continuously improve the sales process.
- Develop the strategy, requirements, process, and adoption for systems and tools.
- Manage data within CRMs and modify as needed to fit the sales structure and strategy of the organization
Experience & Skills
- 4+ years of progressive experience in sales and/or sales operations
- Experience in a startup and/or operations-heavy tech environment, ideally having helped grow a team across multiple locations
- Experience with CRMs, data management and analytics
- Strong understanding of standard sales operations processes (sales forecasting, sales compensation, territory management, and sales quotas)
- Strong analytical mindset
Perks & Benefits
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 10 Federal observed holidays + Juneteenth & Election Day 2020
- Flexible vacation targeting 20 days/year
- Sick/Mental Health time separate from vacation days (72 hours)
- 4 weeks of sabbatical after 4 years of service at the company
- Paid Jury Duty
- 12 week parental bonding leave for the arrival of a newborn or newly placed infant
- Option to allocate pre-tax dollars to 401K, commuter benefits, FSA, and DCSA with administration paid for
- Focus on learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences, on-site speaker series, and lunch and learns
- Monthly remote work from home office supply & utility cost reimbursement of up to $100
At Binti, we celebrate having a diverse team and believe our differences make us stronger. Binti is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Oakland,CAOakland, CA headquarters, but open to U.S. remote candidates
- This job is remote friendly.
$120,000.00-$150,000.00yearly, Based on experience & additional compensation when meeting/exceeding sales targets