AI4Govt is a rising technology startup focusing on social impact by empowering government employees with the latest technology. Founded in 2019, AI4Govt has already earned awards and contracts from local municipalities to some of the largest federal agencies in the United States. We are a group of civic-minded technologists with a passion for user-centric approaches to government software.
This is an incredible opportunity to work and learn from a unique team with over two decades of FAANG engineering and product management experience as well as advanced degrees from top-tier institutions. Two of the co-founders, Ni and Peter, both received M.B.A.s at Harvard Business School and possess relevant government experience. Ni worked alongside the former U.S. Deputy CTO Nick Sinai on the U.S. Treasury’s usaspending.gov API. Peter managed cyber-network operations overseas as a First Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps. The technical co-founder, Henry, was a tech lead with more than ten years of experience at Apple and eBay.
Come join AI4GOVT in making a difference in the world at the intersection of technology and government. Be part of a team that is empowering government agencies, from local municipalities to the largest federal agencies, through the latest advances in machine learning technology to understand massive data sets in the most ambitious, user-centric designs.
As a front-end React.js developer, you will be responsible for creating the next-generation platform that automates analysis on massive, disparate data sets. Your primary focus will be developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that the interface components and the overall application are robust, intuitive, and easy to maintain. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, product, and sales teams on various layers of the infrastructure and product. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design and attention to detail is a must. The tentative project timeline is mid-November to late-January.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Skills and responsibilities
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Working with the UX designer to translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Integrating front-end UX with the back-end web services
- Hands-on experience and understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Expertise with CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Expertise with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with the latest specifications of ECMAScript
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Curiosity and creativity to turn ideas into code
- This job is remote friendly.
Two years of front-end and React.js development experience.