Measures for Justice is a non-partisan, fast-paced, entrepreneurial non-profit on a mission to make good criminal justice data available and actionable to spur reform. While we do not advocate for any specific reforms, we do work to make change possible by increasing system transparency, trust, and accountability. We’ve got world class criminal justice data and technology chops. And a culture that demands excellence, rigor and people who like to make good ideas come to life.
To make it happen, we deploy three strategies:
- We show people what criminal justice looks like across the country via our free, interactive Data Portal;
- We help standardize and improve criminal justice data via work on the state and national level;
- We help put criminal justice data to work with tools, services, and research.
Since 2011, we have pioneered a methodology to compare how different justice systems perform on the county level and led the charge to improve county-level criminal justice data. We have strong support from prominent philanthropists, in particular from leading technology entrepreneurs and criminal justice foundations from both sides of the aisle, across the country, as well as from system practitioners and policymakers nationwide.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the quality of innovative software products that are used internally and externally. You will work on a dynamic, cross-functional team of developers and criminologists within a highly collaborative Agile environment. The product organization is responsible for both new product development and feature enhancement of existing products.
What You Will Do
- Participate as a quality ambassador and eyes of the customer as a member of an agile product development organization
- Identify creative ways to break the products, uncover and report defects as well as validate solutions
- Perform product performance testing, usability testing, and compatibility testing
- Assist in reproducing bugs reported outside of QA and triaging them with other members of the product organization
- Build detailed test specifications (functional, environments, resources) that transition into test strategies for existing and new features
- Create data reliability testing designs for products being implemented at external customer sites
- Execute detailed test plans
- Increase coverage of automated testing by identifying opportunities to automate existing test plans and creating automated system level test plans
- Participate in release processes for your assigned project
- Maintain open communication within the organization about issues, risk, product quality and bugs
- Educate your peers on testing and QA; Partner with them to set product quality measurements and goals
- Maintain your test environment
- Maintain and communicate testing timelines, schedules and status reports
- Provide ongoing test activity status to directors within the product organization as well as other internal stakeholders as needed
- Recommend improvements to the QA methodology
- Deadline: n/a
- Bachelor’s degree in software design, engineering, or computer science
- 5+ years working in a software QA role
- Experience testing web apps, desktop apps, and web-services
- Experience developing and executing formal test plans, data sets, and test configurations for assigned feature areas