The R Street Institute— a think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., and with regional offices across the country—seeks an energetic research associate to support our growing National Security and Cybersecurity (NSCS) team. If you are the right fit, you will report to the Managing Senior Fellow of NSCS. If you want to join an energetic organization and do something extraordinary, this may be just the opportunity you need.
Your typical day at R Street may include researching a cybersecurity topic assigned to you by a member of the team, co-writing an op-ed for publication or even working on projects of your own interest and design. You will also participate in team meetings, discussions with external partners and internal debates about the direction of projects. Research Associates will receive training to learn how to craft their own publications and speak to members of the media.
Other Aspects of Your Role
● Researching event guests
● Writing blog posts and creating bibliographies
● Assisting in drafting social media content and infographics for the team’s papers and reports
● Minor administrative duties including event support and team support
● Periodic lookout shifts to guard against ninja infiltration
Skills and Qualifications
● Interest in cybersecurity or national security
● A desire to collaborate and strong communication skills
● Sense of initiative and work ownership
● No particular educational background is required: proven ability to achieve results is far more important than credentials
● A mindset and a desire to grow with a dynamic organization
This is a full-time job based in Washington, D.C. However, for the duration of COVID-19-related closures, this position will be required to work remotely until our office reopens.
R Street strives to provide a compensation package superior to those at other think tanks and nonprofits. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide a health insurance option entirely paid by the employer (even for families); wellness benefit; employer-subsidized mobile phones benefit; 401(k) contributions with up to a 4 percent match; and an exceptionally generous vacation policy.
R Street does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, era of military service, gender identity, relationship structure or anything else that's illegal, immoral or nonsensical to use as a basis for hiring, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
We currently plan to accept applications for this job until filled. We will contact qualified individuals for telephone interviews and conduct them on a rolling basis. Due to COVID-19, we will hold interviews virtually, via Zoom, until our D.C. office reopens.
To apply, you must upload a resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Deadline: n/a