NextRequest is a mission-driven company that brings easy-to-use, modern software to governments, and we need your help scaling up. Our focus is on making public records request process—sometimes referred to as Freedom of Information, FOIA, Sunshine, or Right-to-Know requests—easier for both requesters and the governments who manage it.
We’re currently a team of 17 who grew out of the Code for America fellowship and are 100% remote (San Francisco, Durham, Boston, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Minneapolis...).
We're looking for someone who can help us grow by generating awareness and engagement with NextRequest’s software. You’ll do initial outreach to prospective customers, gauge interest, get users set up on trial accounts, and follow up to ensure they have a great first experience with the product. You should be as comfortable picking up the phone to make 50 calls in a day as you are spending 30 minutes getting a single user completely comfortable with their trial. You will be the first person from NextRequest people talk with and will create their initial impression of our product and brand.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves talking with people, can clearly explain how things work, and their benefits. If you want to support a team that helps government be more efficient and transparent on a large scale this is the job for you!
Skills and responsibilities
- Prospect for new customers using phone and email
- Set up trial accounts and educate customers on the value NextRequest provides
- Follow up with prospects to encourage engagement and answer questions
- Coordinate with sales reps, marketing, and support teams regarding next steps on accounts as prospects become customers
Remote,CAWe are a 100% remote team
- This job is remote friendly.
$45,000.00-$70,000.00yearly, Salary for this role uses a base + commission structure.
- 1 year or more of experience doing business development, sales, fundraising, customer success, or account management
- A personable approach
- Empathy and diligence (not pushiness)
- Timely follow up
- Great verbal and written communication
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- A drive to meet and exceed goals