NextRequest is a mission-driven company that brings easy-to-use, modern software to governments, and we need your help scaling up. Our focus is on making public records request process—sometimes referred to as Freedom of Information, FOIA, Sunshine, or Right-to-Know requests—easier for both requesters and the governments who manage it.
We’re currently a team of 17 who grew out of the Code for America fellowship and are 100% remote (San Francisco, Durham, Boston, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Minneapolis...).
We're looking for someone who can help build a team and processes that allow us to deliver on our mission of revolutionizing public records process through technology, trust, and community. If you are excited about developing operations and culture at an organization that makes government information accessible and meaningful, this is the job for you.
Your day-to-day work will be focused on taking on projects and processes that help NextRequest grow in a coordinated and effective manner. This may range from research, analysis and reporting to developing, implementing, and managing projects, policies, and programs. In this role you will work closely with the CEO as well as executives and team leads across the company. Embodying and enacting NextRequest’s company values of trust through transparency, empathy, and continuous improvement will be key.
Skills and responsibilities
What you will do:
- Management of special projects and programs
- HR & People Ops: help manage and create benefits, incentivization, conflict resolution, and employee development programs
- Finances: supporting our bookkeeper, accounts payable/receivable, operational finances, and budgeting processes
- Coordinate taxes, licenses, and business permits
- Coordinate compliance and annual auditing with team leads (SOC2, HIPAA, CJIS)
- Management of companywide tools and services
- Develop reporting and analysis for our CEO and Board
- Actively look for opportunities to improve processes or build processes where there were none.
Remote,CAWe are a 100% remote team.
- This job is remote friendly.
- 2+ years of experience in operations/project/program management or related fields
- Good experience with spreadsheets, CRMs, and HR software
- Experience coordinating operations/projects/programs on remote teams
- Experience with startups as well as companies at scale
- A conscientious, collaborative, and friendly approach
- Great written and verbal communication
- Excellent organization and follow through