CompassRed is a predictive analytics and insights company with offices in Wilmington, DE, and Philadelphia, PA. Our team has depth and experience across multiple industries, covering a wide range of solutions and domains. Our data scientists and analysts are fluent in a wide range of techniques including machine learning, AI, and many forms of visual data storytelling.
CompassRed prides itself on offering our clients a combination of fast and flexible innovation with world-class data know-how.
We are looking for a Data Innovation Lab Fellow to work in the region's first Data Innovation Lab. The Data Innovation Lab will focus on solving COVID-19 induced problems through data driven solutions.
About the Fellowship
Our Data Innovation Lab Fellowship provides a unique opportunity to build and hone your analysis skills on a wide range of real-world challenges. The fellowship is a paid hourly position (40 hours per week) for 12 weeks and will be a mix of remote and onsite work at our Wilmington, DE office. There is a possibility that your fellowship could be extended for additional periods.
Skills and responsibilities
- Work closely with the data science team to fully understand project requirements
- Turn business questions into actionable insights through the creation of reports, datasets, visualizations and applications.
- Understand and apply the role of analytics in the data science continuum - from engineering to science
- Demonstrate persistence, ability to overcome obstacles
- Strong desire to improve self and skills
- Experience working within a data-driven organization
- Get things done
- A strong understanding of a variety of data science techniques and when to use them
- Key techniques include classification, clustering, time-series analysis, and regression
- Programming knowledge and experience in at least one high level language, including R or Python
- Strong understanding of SQL and ETL techniques
- Experience with containerization and/or API development preferred
- Good technical acumen, excellent analytical skills
- Strong research and investigation skills, attention to details
- Self managed, strong organizational and time management skills
- Exemplifies resourcefulness and creativity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication in English, additional languages advantageous