Binti’s mission is to help every child have a safe, loving and stable family. We partner with state, county and private foster care agencies around the country, helping them recruit and approve foster parents more quickly and allowing their social workers to spend more time on social work and less time on paperwork. Our software also helps match families with children and helps track services to biological families to get on their feet and reunify with their children. Binti works with 36 of the 58 California counties as customers, and works with agencies across 16 states. We’ve helped approve over 14,000 families to foster/adopt and over 4,000 social workers use us for their daily work. Customers include the Counties of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Alameda, and Orange, the state of Rhode Island among 90+ others. There is so much software can do to improve outcomes for children in foster care and we view our current offerings as only the beginning.
Binti is a for-profit, mission-driven software company based in Oakland, CA. We're working remotely through early 2021 but would also be open to a fully remote candidate if relocation isn't an option. We’ve raised our Series A led by Founders Fund and other investors include First Round Capital and Kapor Capital.
Binti currently has three modules - Approvals, Placements & Case Management. Approvals helps streamline the foster parent application and approval process. Our product has helped agencies see an 80% increase in the number of families approved per year, and with over 400,000 children in foster care needing safe homes, we want to continue building on this success. As an engineer on the Approvals team, you'll help define Binti's engineering culture and build a product that helps children in foster care across the U.S. (and hopefully soon, even further!). Our product is built on Ruby on Rails and React, backed by a Postgres database, hosted on Google Cloud, and orchestrated with Kubernetes.
Skills and responsibilities
- Help architect both our frontend and backend to be flexible, scalable and approachable to other engineers
- Help our team move quickly and learn, while maintaining a welcoming and supportive culture
- Push our product so it continues to be a beautiful, yet intuitive and accessible interface for users from all walks of life
- Identify patterns and approaches within our code that’ll allow it to be simplified and improved
- Build internal tools to help our technical account executive team build out, among other things, complex custom forms, including versioning and data migration tools
- Maintain HIPAA compliance for sensitive data that is shared with us
Experience & Skills
- At least 3+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Self-motivated, experienced engineer who enjoys owning projects from inception to completion
- Comfortable delving into the full stack
- End-to-end experience building, shipping, and maintaining products
- Having a growth mindset, having a sense of urgency, and being comfortable with challenging the status quo
- Experience coaching and mentoring colleagues to level up as a team
- Track record of breaking through walls on your way to success
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Perks & Benefits
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, we offer flexible vacation targeting 20 days/year
- Sick/Mental Health time separate from vacation days (72 hours)
- Paid Jury Duty
- 12 week parental bonding leave for the arrival of a newborn or newly placed infants
- Option to allocate pre-tax dollars to 401K, commuter benefits, FSA, and DCSA with administration paid for
- Focus on learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences, on-site speaker series, and lunch and learns
- COVID home office setup stipend
- Election Day off (2020)
At Binti, we celebrate having a diverse team and believe our differences make us stronger. Binti is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Oakland,CAOakland, CA headquarters, but open to U.S. remote candidates
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a