CoProcure is an early stage venture-backed startup building search to enable more transparent, efficient, and inclusive public purchasing. Finding the information to make a public purchasing decision shouldn’t require scouring aging government websites or fielding dozens of cold calls. It should be a Google-like search experience: easy, fast, and free. By leveraging technology to aggregate, organize and surface relevant shareable public contracts, CoProcure is optimizing procurement processes and reducing the costs of buying and selling in the $1.5 trillion-dollar local government procurement industry. We are organizing this information to unlock hundreds of billions of dollars of new economic activity while improving outcomes for our communities.
We’re a mission-driven, San Francisco-based company backed by Leadout Capital and Neo. Our team comes from experience in local government (City of San Francisco, City of Long Beach) as well as leading technology startups (Dropbox, GRAIL, Palantir, Stripe, Facebook).
As our first Business Development hire, you’ll design and implement strategies to grow CoProcure’s engagement with local government users. You’ll evaluate and scale out our user acquisition channels; plan, execute, and refine our go-to-market playbook; and shape critical distribution partnerships. You’ll work cross-functionally with our engineering and product teams and report directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA but remote for the next few months due to COVID.
Skills and responsibilities
- Plan and implement approaches to grow CoProcure’s local government user engagement.
- Test and evaluate the return on investment of different acquisition channels.
- Refine our go-to-market playbook as we scale to new geographies.
- Identify, cultivate, and close strategic partnerships.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
San Francisco,CAPosition is remote for now during COVID-19 but will be full-time based in San Francisco, CA
You’ve been looking for an opportunity that makes full use of your business acumen and passion for public impact. You love thinking about the big-picture strategy, but you’re also ready to roll up your sleeves and implement the plans you’ve sketched out. You get energy from speaking with users, making progress on ambitious goals, and working with a tight-knit team. Most of all, you’re ready to have an outsized impact on our company and the way U.S. local governments spend $1.5T+ of taxpayer dollars each year.
- A track record of success in high-performing organizations.
- Experience influencing others towards a desired outcome. You’ve built coalitions, led a group project or initiative from start to finish, or found a creative way to achieve a difficult objective alongside others.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality. You’re a scrappy self-starter who can acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills. You’re comfortable generating a marketing email, hosting a webinar, moderating a discussion, or negotiating a new partnership.
- Ability to analyze relevant data to inform and refine your approach.
- Experience working well across teams and with external partners.
- Past experience or interest in government.
- Passion for impact.
Nice-to-have, not required:
- Past experience in strategy, business development, marketing, and/or operations at a high growth company.
- Past experience in management consulting, investment banking, or investing.