CoProcure is an early stage venture-backed startup building search to enable more transparent, efficient, and inclusive public purchasing. Finding the information to make a public purchasing decision shouldn’t require scouring aging government websites or fielding dozens of cold calls. It should be a Google-like search experience: easy, fast, and free. By leveraging technology to aggregate, organize and surface relevant shareable public contracts, CoProcure is optimizing procurement processes and reducing the costs of buying and selling in the $1.5 trillion-dollar local government procurement industry. We are organizing this information to unlock hundreds of billions of dollars of new economic activity while improving outcomes for our communities.
We’re a mission-driven, San Francisco-based company backed by Leadout Capital and Neo. Our team comes from experience in local government (City of San Francisco, City of Long Beach) as well as leading technology startups (Dropbox, GRAIL, Palantir, Stripe, Facebook).
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
As a Business Operations Lead, you’ll design and implement the processes that will help us scale our product for local governments across the country. You’ll optimize and manage our data collection and enrichment processes as we collect, organize, and enhance data from governments and businesses. While most of your time will be focused on internal business operations, you will also directly support the governments and businesses who use CoProcure and have the opportunity to work on select distribution and growth projects. You’ll report to the CEO and work closely with the 7 other members of our team.
This is a full-time role that will be remote due to COVID-19 in the short-term (preference for CA, CT, OR, TX, or WA-based remote teammates). The role will be based in San Francisco, CA long-term when it is safe again to return to work in-person.
You’re eager for the opportunity to make an outsized impact on our company and the way American governments across the country spend $1T+ of taxpayer dollars each year. If you thrive on autonomy, want to grow quickly as we rapidly expand, and care about making American government work better, we would love to meet you.
Skills and responsibilities
- Manage our data acquisition and enrichment processes. Use data to optimize the process and implement improvements, including by working with engineering to develop better tooling.
- Recruit, manage, train, and retain/evaluate our outsourced data augmentation workforce.
- Support search requests from government users and identify opportunities to automate this process.
- Support our go-to-market strategy and pursue partnership opportunities with regional governmental groups.
- Other opportunities as they arise.
San Francisco,CAEventual presence in San Francisco desired after June 1, 2021 (pending COVID situation).
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
- A track record of success in high-performing organizations.
- Entrepreneurial ownership mentality. You’re a scrappy self-starter who can acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
- Experience applying data to make processes and/or people more efficient.
- Ability to distill complicated problems into simple, elegant solutions.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience working well across teams and with external partners.
- Passion for impact.
- Past experience in strategy, operations, or business operations at a high growth company.
- Past experience in management consulting, investment banking, or investing.
- Past experience, or interest, in local government.