The San Francisco Digital Services Team is transforming how residents interact with the City, by building services designed around the people that use them. Our mission is to make it easy for San Franciscans to get things done with the City, online. We’re committed to equity, inclusion, honesty, and involving our residents in everything we do.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are building a team that reflects a diverse set of lived experiences and identities. This effort includes considering qualified candidates across a spectrum of races, colors, religions, genders, gender identities, sexual orientations, national origins, genetics, disabilities, ages, or veteran status.
Formed in 2017, we are a team of 40, reporting to the City Administrator. We work in partnership with departments to make their services digital, and create standards and guidance for good services that serve our residents.
Digital Services is a team of product managers, designers, developers, researchers, service designers, and content strategists. As a member of this team, you would be part of a new and growing movement, with an opportunity to shape the City’s approach to technology.
- Work with a team of PMs, engineers, and other stakeholders to explore and refine your design solutions
- Produce materials to communicate designs, such as mockups, prototypes, presentations, and requirements
- Identify opportunities for research, plan and execute research projects
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Manage the design process within your projects - guide decisions, track issues, and contribute to the strategic roadmap
Skills and responsibilities
- Strong interaction design skills and experience designing digital products
- Strong visual and UI design skills
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and communicate user needs across a product
- Experience working with design systems or pattern libraries
- Experience designing for accessibility
- Experience with responsive design and designing for different devices or screens
- Experience strategically incorporating research into the design process and familiarity with a variety of research methodologies
- Basic technical familiarity with modern web product development
How you work
- Able to be practical and resourceful to remove blockers and get things done
- Enjoys the challenge of working with complexity and ambiguity
- Can zoom in and out to look at the big picture experience, or be meticulous and thorough with the details
- Collaborates across disciplines to get and give feedback, and share knowledge
San Francisco,CAWe are currently working remotely due to the coronavirus outbreak.
$122,512.00-$154,102.00yearly, Salary range is firm and dependent on documented proof of experience
- Four years of relevant work experience
- A bachelor's degree in a related field or its equivalent in terms of total course credits (additional work experience can be substituted for a degree on a year-for-year basis)