The D.C. Courts serve as the judicial branch of the District of Columbia government and are an independent agency which receives direct appropriation from Congress. The D.C. Courts are comprised of:
- The D.C. Court of Appeals, which is the highest court of the District;
- The D.C. Superior Court, a trial court with general jurisdiction over virtually all local legal matters; and
- The D.C. Court System, which provides administrative support functions for both Courts.
The Information Technology (IT) Division is responsible for the planning, development and management of the IT systems and subsystems that support the District of Columbia Courts' case flow, office automation, special programs and management operations.
The Information Technology (IT) Specialist for Cloud Administration will be responsible for the preparation, design, migration, administration and maintenance of the DC Courts' LAN/WAN Cloud applications. The incumbent will assist in selecting top Cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the Courts and will provide daily oversight, upkeep and administration of the Courts' Cloud services and infrastructure.
The incumbent will be expected to provide outside of hours, on-call support for critical systems on a shift rotation basis and, where necessary, work the occasional weekend/evening to perform maintenance, upgrades, repairs or troubleshooting.
Skills and responsibilities
- Evaluates cloud applications, hardware, software and implements cost-control strategies.
- Defines and maintains network architecture and infrastructure.
- Migrates complex, multi-tier applications on cloud platforms.
- Designs and deploys cloud systems in accordance with the DC Courts' IT security directives and procedures.
- Diagnoses and resolves network problems; develops network backup and recovery procedures.
- Installs, tests, maintains, and upgrades operating systems software.
- Assists in determining the Azure Cloud strategy.
- Acts as subject matter expert for the architecture, planning, implementation, and support for Office 365 and Hybrid-Office 365 implementations, Active Directory, Azure AD, Active Directory Synchronization, or Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- This job is remote friendly.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electronic engineering, information technology, or a related field plus five (5) years of hands-on experience in Windows systems administration which includes at least one (1) year of Cloud experience.
- Knowledge of Office 365 and related technologies such as Active Directory, Azure, Exchange Online, Microsoft Teams, and OneDrive for Business.
- Detailed knowledge of networking protocols.