Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. SFHP is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
This is a unique role leading two highly diverse teams. The Director leads the Product Management and Analytics (PMA) team that supports the software applications, data management, user experience, reporting and evaluation needs for Healthy San Francisco, SF City Option and the SFHP Service Center. The Director also leads the Enrollment Services team that provides comprehensive health coverage eligibility, outreach, enrollment and retention services at the SFHP Service Center.
In collaboration with the department leadership, the Director is responsible for contributing to the overall strategic direction for the department, project prioritization and project planning, departmental staffing, annual budgeting, contracting, vendor management, and relationship management with SFDPH and other SFHP departments to achieve programmatic goals and contract compliance.
Skills and responsibilities
· Lead and modernize the diverse data management needs of the SF City Option and Healthy San Francisco programs
· Direct planning and prioritization for the Product Management and Analytics and Enrollment Services teams
· Lead departmental efforts to support data driven decision making and achievement of programmatic aims
· Hire, manage and mentor PMA and Enrollment Services leadership; support high performing, collaborative and accountable teams through individual goal setting, training and performance monitoring
· Oversee programmatic reporting, monitoring and evaluation standards and processes for the department, including development and tracking of key performance indicators
· Collaborate with SFHP ITS to improve and innovate our program participant identity management and data security
· Effectively manage partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
· Contribute to the timely preparation and delivery of annual departmental and programmatic budgets, enrollment and utilization projections.
· Initiate, lead, and delegate prioritized projects
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area or equivalent experience
· At least 10 years’ experience directly and successfully building, developing and leading diverse, inclusive, highly competent teams in a matrixed environment
· Excellent understanding of modern data systems and integrations
· Experience leading technical modernization or digital transformation projects for benefit applications, eligibility, enrollment or case management systems
· Prior experience working with CIO-level for long-term technical infrastructure planning and forecasting
· Experience with technical contracts and IT procurement
· Experience and understanding of content and knowledge management best practices, to support organization of documentation and departmental learning
· Outstanding critical thinking, analytical, evaluative skills
· Experience in strategic planning and resource management
· Proven ability to bridge operations and strategic planning
· Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; ability to break complex topics down for different audiences; ability to communicate up and down effectively and often
· Deeply collaborative, team player