** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 - we’re experiencing it, too. There are two things we want you to know when it comes to hiring. First, we’re financially stable. We have a variety of well-established government contracts that we expect to continue over the next few years. Also, we’re winning new work, and we have a robust rainy day fund. Second, during video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little...harried. It’s OK if you are, too - we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss engineer you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking driven, curious, and quick-learning engineers to join our team. We are looking for engineers leveled 3-5 as match our leveling guide, to handle the ambiguity we regularly face. A position with Truss will allow you to develop a rich skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
Here's what we hope you'll bring:
- Great communication, including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing
- A thoughtful, process-oriented approach to development and engineering, such as debugging or object oriented design, and agile software development
- A willingness to seek differing opinions and ask for help
- 4+ years of industry coding/infrastructure experience
- Technology-agnostic and pragmatic engineering sensibility, focused on solving key problems, not the tools
- An aptitude for automated system design and implementation (automated deployments and/or automated testing)
- Familiarity with AWS and code deployment tools
- Initiative with a bias for action
In this position you will:
- Deliver timely, high quality solutions to specific engineering problems
- Create automated tests
- Mentor and cross-train with other engineers via design discussions and code reviews
- Architect new systems and changes to existing systems to support new functionality
- Make & drive technical decisions to completion
- Evaluate and select tools to meet project needs without creating unnecessary technical debt
The salary range for this position is $166,500 - $220,000.
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
* This position will be open to applications until 9am Pacific, Monday 10/05/2020
- This job is remote friendly.