Established in 1994, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 142,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
Healthy San Francisco (HSF) is an innovative health care access program designed to make health care services accessible and affordable for over 13,000 low- and moderate-income uninsured adults living in San Francisco that are ineligible for public health insurance. HSF provides access to primary and preventive care through a network of Medical Homes. The program also provides access to specialty care, urgent and emergency care, laboratory services, inpatient hospitalization, radiology, and pharmacy services.
As the Healthy San Francisco Program Manager, you’ll oversee the administration of the Healthy San Francisco program. You’ll manage a wide range of day-to-day operations and provide administrative support for the program at the San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP), which serves as the Third-Party Administrator (TPA) for Healthy San Francisco (HSF).
You will lead and shape program activities to ensure program goals, initiatives and changes are completed in a high quality, timely, and efficient manner. You’re the ideal candidate for this position if you’re highly organized and have proven success managing a diverse set of administrative and programmatic functions. You possess strong communication skills and are successful working independently as well as collaboratively. The first projects you will support are the program response to the COVID-19 pandemic and planning to meet the HSF program enrollment needs in the next six months to a year.
Skills and responsibilities
- Develop, manage, and monitor operational processes supporting the HSF program. This includes participant eligibility and enrollment, utilization of services, communications, billing, and reporting.
- Participate in HSF strategic planning, including development of annual project and initiative roadmaps.
- Lead and manage projects such as health policy or HSF provider network changes, participant communications, user experience research, systems enhancements, technical updates, billing improvements, etc.
- Manage and deliver reports on HSF activities and outcomes. Coordinate and manage the collection of content from internal department sources, validate content accuracy, format and revise content, and deliver completed reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create and maintain documentation for the HSF Program, including desktop procedures, process flows, user guides, data definitions, and business rule documents.
- Provide HSF subject matter expertise to internal partners such as HSF Customer Service, Enrollment Services, Policy Department, Marketing, ITS, enrollment and eligibility.
- Coordinate resolution of operational issues with external partners and/or other SFHP departments, as needed.
- Responsible for HSF participant and provider communications.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Health Services or related field; or equivalent professional experience in program management, project management, or health plan administration acceptable
- Master’s degree in public policy, public administration or health related field preferred.
- 3 years of public health experience required
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Effective problem-solver with superior organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Attention to detail and willingness to assist at all levels in order to ensure on time and accurate deliverables. Proven ability to consistently produce high quality, reliable work products.
- Teamwork and collaboration by being open to other’s views, giving and welcoming feedback and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Prior program management and leadership experience in cross-functional projects, including prioritizing tasks and adhering to schedules to meet project deadlines and deliverables. High level of professionalism when communicating through verbal and written forms.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook). Competency in Microsoft Visio and SharePoint preferred.