** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 - we’re experiencing it, too. There are two things we want you to know when it comes to hiring. First, we’re financially stable. We have a variety of well-established government contracts that we expect to continue over the next few years. Also, we’re winning new work, and we have a robust rainy day fund. Second, during video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little...harried. It’s OK if you are, too - we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **
This position will be open to applications until 10am Pacific, Monday 9/21/2020.
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, empathy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, and employees; we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss Delivery Manager you will facilitate our teams’ delivery while demonstrating our core values. We look to this role to foster a healthy and predictable work environment by creating new processes where there are gaps, continuously improving existing processes, or removing unnecessary processes when they no longer serve the team.
We are seeking delivery leaders who will have a significant impact on the services offered by the government to US citizens. This position is for a level 4 delivery/project manager as described in our leveling guide. As a company, Truss advocates for a healthy work/life balance. We actively cultivate an energetic environment that is respectful of your personal and time boundaries, while allowing you to continuously enrich your skill-set alongside a team of curious, caring, and helpful people.
In this position you will:
In this position you will:
- Use your expansive project management skills to steer teams towards delivery goals.
- Create clear and accessible processes that cut down on bureaucracy and reduce strain.
- Identify, elevate, and help resolve project risks.
- Get into the weeds with agile software development teams, so you can quickly translate the technical needs of the product into project management plans and artifacts.
- Gain a deep understanding of the client’s communication styles and cadence preferences to establish a synchronized rhythm and reporting schedule that gains traction with stakeholders.
- Work as part of a distributed team, sometimes involving travel (through travel isn’t anticipated in the near future).
Here's what we hope you'll bring:
- Recent experience working with government systems.
- 5+ years as a project manager (or related position), with recent experience working on medium to large sized teams.
- Experience working within modern, agile software delivery frameworks.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to evaluate, create, improve (or remove!) processes that best support the team.
- Strong situational/organizational awareness and change management skills.
- Experience building relationships with clients and teammates with diverse backgrounds and needs, and setting them up for success.
- A willingness to empathetically understand how current processes came to be, while also being a catalyst for positive change when you see the opportunity.
- A bias toward action and capacity building.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
The salary range for this position is $151,000-$172,000 per year.
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to tap into your broader, deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US and you must reside in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!
- This job is remote friendly.