OpenCities is one of the fastest growing global GovTech start-ups. Headquartered in Melbourne and San Francisco with remote workers primarily in Australia and the United States, and customers across Australia, New Zealand and North America.
Our innovative technology is transforming how cities and governments better serve, engage and deliver online services to their community.
Reporting to Customer Success in the US, you will provide a critical contribution to the success of our client’s website projects by migrating their existing pages, images and documents into their new OpenCities website or intranet.
As a Content Migration Specialist, you will learn and understand the OpenCities platform and specifically the page templates and features to successfully create beautiful web pages. These pages will contain all the content on the current customer sites, and you will be responsible for assuring that the transition is done effectively and efficiently.
Skills and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Build basic product understanding and expertise with the OpenCities platform
- Be familiar with the OpenCities Help Centre to answer questions about using the platform and best practices for the Content Migration process.
- Follow the directions of the Content Migration Manager for each project, communicating questions or issues in a timely manner
- Keep project on time by quickly communicating concerns or possible delays and re-setting expectations where needed.
- Aid in the improvement of the Content Migration process by communicating suggestions and ideas back to the Content Migration Manager(s) and larger Customer Success team.
- Be an ongoing advocate for the customer within OpenCities, and for OpenCities within the customer organization
San Francisco,CAThis position is 100% remote from anywhere in the US or Canada.
- This job is remote friendly.
$40,000.00-$50,000.00yearly, Lots of room for advancement.
- Comfort with/ability to learn software admin dashboards, cut and paste editing in a digital framework, and basic editing software (MS Word, etc).
- Excellent verbal communication
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to checking your own work
- Strong collaboration with team members and excellent communication, especially in a challenging situation
- Ability to prioritize work and take direction well
- University degree (or relevant equivalent experience)
- 1 – 2 years work experience, ideally working with online content
- Experience working in a remote environment with a distributed global team, with clear success working independently