At Bloom, we partner with nonprofits and government agencies to deliver digital services that work for people. We’ve committed our passion, talents, and creativity to
- Help government work like we all think it should
- Fix services that have become siloed or ineffective
- Increase the digital muscle of the organizations we work with
We’re a cross functional team of digital service alums who have spent time within government working to improve digital services. We're deliberate about the projects we take on, and we make sure that all members of our team are engaged in work that is collaborative, challenging, and impactful.
We’re looking for someone experienced in growth and operations to help expand our reach and capabilities. You’ll work directly with the founders to identify and review business opportunities, implement communications strategies, and streamline operations.
Skills and responsibilities
Specifically, you will:
- Triage business opportunities, including reading through (sometimes lengthy and dense) RFPs and other documents to determine whether projects are a good fit for Bloom
- Bring a growth and business development lens to shape our approach to communications and outreach
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to draft and submit project proposals
- Creatively, hungrily, and professionally pursue business opportunities
- Initiate and manage Bloom’s state and local business registrations
- Meet regularly with Bloom leadership to review business opportunities
- Be an enthusiastic learner of new skills and perspectives, especially when navigating dense regulations and requirements
- Establish performance goals to measure the effectiveness of business development strategies
- Be willing to move forward despite ambiguity — we don't always have a roadmap, and we need someone who can move the ball forward even when they don’t have all the answers
- This job is remote friendly.
- Salary: , This position will start as a contracted role, likely 10-20 hours per week paying $40-70/hr (based on your level of experience). We expect this role will transition to a full time salaried position on the team in the coming months.
- Deadline: n/a
We’re looking for:
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines under pressure, and collaborate with a distributed team
- Ability to interpret complex documents and distill key takeaways
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical and creative thinking to solve problems
- Extensive writing experience — for large scale and long term projects
- Positivity, a sense of humor, and adaptability