ControlShift is software for putting people at the center of advocacy and political campaigns. We help progressive groups and candidates around the world empower their supporters to host distributed events, organize local groups, and lead local petitions.
We work with progressive advocacy organizations, campaigns and movements, offering tools for distributed member-led campaigns, events and groups. We are a small team of software engineers and organizers with several decades of combined experience in the advocacy sector. Our deep organizing and technology background, coupled with a close interest in our partners’ campaigns and goals, lets us develop tools that are particularly useful in facilitating effective grassroots organizing and building strong and participatory organizations.
We’re seeking a temporary full-stack software engineer or contractor through December, 31st 2020 to add additional capacity to our team as we build new features in support of customers working to influence the upcoming US elections and defeat Donald Trump.
This is a full-time temporary role (contract or salary) and a great opportunity for someone who is looking to use their technical skills to influence the outcome of the upcoming election. We’re open to this role being paid on a contract or short-term employment basis depending on your situation.
Skills and responsibilities
Skills and qualifications
- Experience writing ambitious software for the web.
- Experience with a model-view-controller web framework like Django or Rails.
- Experience with or openness to working remotely as part of a collaborative team.
- Familiarity and experience with the ways that organizations and campaigns use the internet to create social change and organize people.
- A passion for positive and progressive social change.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the engineering team to deliver new features of the ControlShift web application.
- Take part in planning and working with customers to understand high-level requirements.
- Participate in peer code review, technical planning and architectural decision making.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a