Bellese takes pride in having a consistent and effective management approach, using the best of Agile, Kanban, and Scrum practices, and is inspired to follow Spotify’s model of Agile management.
Bellese helps to drive Agile and user-centric software design change at The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), piggybacking off silicon valley’s “save” of the Affordable Care Act website, and the resultant U.S. Digital Services Playbook. The team is building several NewGovTech systems through this revised and modern approach. No more out-of-date government systems and technologies. The company is one of a very short list of consulting firms with the opportunity to develop legislative priorities for CMS using human-centered design and progressive Agile delivery practices.
Our mission is to improve the healthcare journey through civic innovation. This includes the healthcare journey for patients, hospitals and doctors, insurance companies and policy makers. Bellese is in the unique position of being both a longtime trusted partner to government agencies and also on the front line of modernizing government digital services for the people who use them. In turn, our clients are on the vanguard of federal agencies for valuing and championing human-centered design, including service design and simplification of healthcare interoperability.
If you like learning new things, this is a great place to work. The team loves stretch tasks and cross-functional effort. No pigeon-holes here. Plus, they build good software and help improve the efficiency of our nation’s healthcare system, affecting the lives of millions of the most vulnerable across the U.S. Come explore what it’s like to make a difference with what you do each day.
Bellese is seeking a proven Technical Product Manager to join the Bellese Interoperability Digital Services Team. The Technical Product Manager plays a key role in collaborating with members of the HIE industry, researchers, designers and engineers to design, maintain, build healthcare interoperability digital services. This person should have knowledge and understanding of healthcare interoperability standards, such as FHIR, healthcare data such as claims and patient level records. This role will involve applying an analytics mindset while working with researchers, designers, engineers, and business owners to capture their data needs.
The team’s culture is centered on rapid iteration with open feedback and debate along the way, plus strong collaboration with data, product and data engineers.
This is a senior technical product manager role to lead the development of digital services that provide interoperability between patients, healthcare providers, payers and policy makers. The technical product manager should have an engineering background and experience developing large scale integration using cloud-based APIs. The technical product manager should have excellent communication skills and be comfortable speaking with customers, users, researchers, designers and product engineering teams.
Skills and responsibilities
- Define the strategy, vision, goals, objectives and target key results for the development of HIE and interoperability digital services.
- Define problem statements that reflect customer and user needs.
- Lead the collaboration with product teams to develop interoperability solution architectures.
- Oversee the implementation and operations of APIs that integrate cloud and on-premise platforms.
- Participate in product discussions with the product owner, users, infrastructure and feature development teams to understand and define acceptance criteria, and estimate user stories.
- Continuous research and prototype of emerging technologies to recommend for product teams.
- Define interoperability specifications.
Work in an agile environment, delivering incremental product functionality in short iterations.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
- 4+ years of technical product management experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for having empathy and fulfilling user needs.
- Experience with FHIR and other healthcare interoperability standards.
- Experience with healthcare data such as patient level data, claims data and provider data.
- Experience with full lifecycle development of digital services or software products.
- Experience with digital services and product delivery through automation and infrastructure as code scripting.
- Strong bias towards action; ability to step up into team gaps and ambiguous situations to structure the team’s action plan.
- Ability to execute with incomplete information; great product instincts and an ability to create order from divergent needs.
- Ability to identify market trends and shifts that will affect product direction, and updating plans based on future expectations.
- Ability to generate very strong product plans and build buy-in across more than one team, including government partners and other contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical, user experience, and project management trade-offs; enthusiastic and structured communicator.
U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Bellese Technologies, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Bellese Technologies, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.