Bowers Consulting Firm is a fully-integrated strategic advisory, data, communications and political consulting firm. Our mission is to support progressive causes and campaigns that are tackling some of the biggest political challenges––domestic and international––facing society today. We have played lead roles in national campaigns to reform education for low-income and working class Black families; statewide legislative campaigns such as California's 2016 referendum to legalize marijuana; and local campaigns such as Measure R in Los Angeles, where we took on the world’s largest jail system and most corrupt sheriff’s department and won. Since our inception five years ago we have managed 10+ electoral campaigns, consulted for 20+ organizations, and led 5+ issue-based advocacy campaigns.
Bowers Consulting Firm approaches each campaign with one key principle: that the phrase “it's always been done this way” is a detrimental saying and one of the greatest obstacles to creating real change. We place a premium on building innovative strategies that best serve our clients––and we are always on the right side of history.
Reporting to the Founder and President, you will be responsible for creating efficiencies across and overseeing the majority of day-to-day operations for the Bowers Consulting staff and office.
This individual will work closely with and provide administrative, back-office and reception support to leadership and occasionally support staff where needed and appropriate. Bowers Consulting’s fast-paced environment requires an adaptive, quick learner who is patient, diplomatic, detail-oriented, possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a team player.
Skills and responsibilities
- Booking appointments and preventing scheduling conflicts
- Monitoring inbound communications via email, phone and webform
- Organizing staff schedules including days off, conferences, and adjustments
- Overseeing front- and back-of-office tasks including filing, coordinating meetings, onboarding documentation for employees, ordering/restocking supplies and more
- Overseeing account management, setup and staff trainings for relevant software tools
- Supporting leadership with organization and preparation of budgets, expense reports, outlines, presentations and reports as needed
- Taking dictation, meeting minutes and notes for all calls with founder and president
- Tracking invoices, checks and wires from/to staff and vendors
- Booking travel and managing relationships with travel and entertainment-related vendors
- Coordinating expense reporting, including recurring foundation expenses
- Managing special projects including retreats, team building activities and more
- Scheduling external and internal meetings as needed
- Screening, drafting, and issuing correspondence on President’s behalf
- Tracking relationships within firm’s constituent relationship management (CRM) software
- This job is remote friendly.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback
- Ability to meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Diplomacy and tact, discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Google Suite
- Self-starter willing to be proactive and take initiative
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask