Bowers Consulting Firm is a fully-integrated strategic advisory, data, communications and political consulting firm. Our mission is to support progressive causes and campaigns that are tackling some of the biggest political challenges––domestic and international––facing society today. We have played lead roles in national campaigns to reform education for low-income and working class Black families; statewide legislative campaigns such as California's 2016 referendum to legalize marijuana; and local campaigns such as Measure R in Los Angeles, where we took on the world’s largest jail system and most corrupt sheriff’s department and won. Since our inception five years ago we have managed 10+ electoral campaigns, consulted for 20+ organizations, and led 5+ issue-based advocacy campaigns.
Bowers Consulting Firm approaches each campaign with one key principle: that the phrase “it's always been done this way” is a detrimental saying and one of the greatest obstacles to creating real change. We place a premium on building innovative strategies that best serve our clients––and we are always on the right side of history.
As a Project Manager and Junior Consultant, you will use your expertise in political management to be the lead on many of our client projects. You will report directly to our Senior Consultant, and may also interact with the Founder/President as needed. You will be expected to work in a very fast-paced environment. While your primary role is ensuring the success of your Bowers Consulting teammates, you will also have some client-facing responsibilities.
Our Project Manager/Junior Consultant role is a full-time, mid-level job. This position is ideal for candidates with 1-4 years of experience in campaigns, creative work, communications and/or organizing, and provides a unique opportunity to join a talented, growing and dynamic team.
You will be tasked with mapping projects out from inception, and will also be responsible for their oversight and implementation. You will be expected to be well-versed on some of the most the most important social and political issues of our day, and will be expected to apply that knowledge to the ways you design and implement projects. You will be expected to set and meet deadlines, communicating clearly and promptly with both clients and our internal team.
Skills and responsibilities
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to
- Clearly identifying and communicating effectively with all project stakeholders, including managers, beneficiaries and sponsors
- Clearly identifying and being able to present project scope and vision in a variety of settings and across multiple media
- Crafting briefings, emails, reports and speeches for clients and founder as needed
- Developing and managing teams through full-scale, deployment-ready project plans
- Developing and adjusting project timelines and milestones as needed
- Effectively communicating project expectations to stakeholders in a timely fashion
- Estimating what resources and participants are required to achieve a project’s goals
- Managing changes in scopes, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Tracking project milestones and deliverables
- This job is remote friendly.
- Salary: , Base salary starting at $55,000/year, commensurate with experience
- 1+ year of consulting experience or relevant political work required
- Experience with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets and other Office equivalents) required
- Client-facing experience preferred
- Experience in local, state and national politics preferred
- Experience with quantitative materials (data, statistics, mathematical models) preferred
- Curious and willing to research and constantly learn
- Willing and able to travel, COVID-19 permitting
- Has fun WHILE doing the work!