Bowers Consulting Firm is a fully-integrated strategic advisory, data, communications and political consulting firm. Our mission is to support progressive causes and campaigns that are tackling some of the biggest political challenges––domestic and international––facing society today. We have played lead roles in national campaigns to reform education for low-income and working class Black families; statewide legislative campaigns such as California's 2016 referendum to legalize marijuana; and local campaigns such as Measure R in Los Angeles, where we took on the world’s largest jail system and most corrupt sheriff’s department and won. Since our inception five years ago we have managed 10+ electoral campaigns, consulted for 20+ organizations, and led 5+ issue-based advocacy campaigns.
Bowers Consulting Firm approaches each campaign with one key principle: that the phrase “it's always been done this way” is a detrimental saying and one of the greatest obstacles to creating real change. We place a premium on building innovative strategies that best serve our clients––and we are always on the right side of history.
This position is a full-time, mid-senior level job. As senior consultant, you will serve as a key decision maker for Bowers Consulting Firm. You will report directly to the Founder and President. You will be expected to work in a fast-paced working environment where it is normal to be accessible “around the clock.” Above all, you must also be passionate about our work.
You will be tasked with building and maintaining client relationships and growing Bowers Consulting Firm’s portfolio. You will be involved in high-stakes political consulting decisions, and will be expected to be well-versed on some of the most important issues of today. You will be responsible for completing tasks and meeting deadlines by communicating clearly and promptly with clients and our team internally and externally.
Skills and responsibilities
Responsibilities may include:
- Managing client campaigns, from strategy to implementation
- Outreach to new clients and maintaining those relationships
- Developing actionable reports, memos, and other client deliverables
- Creating organizational, finance and communication plans
- Scoping client projects
- Directing and managing research tasks
- Representing the firm during stakeholder calls, conferences/events, and 1-1 meetings with current and prospective clients
- Offering strategic thinking and brainstorming ideas in response to client challenges
- Helping to manage coalitions and develop engagement strategies
- Providing strategic communications and messaging guidance
- This job is remote friendly.
- Salary: , Base salary starting at $72,000/year, commensurate with experience
- Four (4) or more years of political, strategy, policy/legislative, public interest or management consulting experience required
- Curious and willing to research, read, understand different perspectives and opinions
- Experience with quantitative materials (data, statistics, mathematical models) preferred
- Curious and willing to research and constantly learn
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert at utilizing targeted campaign tactics and integrated communication strategies
- Extensive experience drafting crisis and/or rapid-response communications
- Previous experience working with and managing a portfolio of consultants and vendors
- Proven ability to manage and stay within existing budgets
- Strong ties to progressive institutions
- Willing and able to travel, COVID-19 permitting