Stae provides a single platform for all city data. Because data is stored on one platform with well-defined APIs it becomes much simpler for a city, its vendors and third-party developers to build tools that leverage all of a city’s services. Imagine a world where connected traffic infrastructure, public safety, and emergency services can communicate in real-time. When an accident is reported, a city can dynamically reroute traffic to clear the road for emergency response teams to arrive as quickly as possible, avoiding gridlock and saving lives.
Our mission is to help build the connected city of the future. Data will be the catalyst for urban change in this century and cities will need new tools to help manage this shift. We believe that the data generated within cities should be accessible, insightful, and actionable. Technology should empower our civil servants to spend more time solving real problems. We are helping cities and communities while also building a profitable business and returning revenue to municipal governments
In the press
In the press
- http://fortune.com/2016/04/06/who-owns-the-data/ https://thenewstack.io/city-service-helping-cities-see-value-data/
We have a small but skilled team of engineers solving monumental issues that require careful design and implementation. We're looking for somebody to elevate our product and architecture implementation to the next level.
We are seeking an experienced full-stack engineer who will help build new features and assist with the overall architecture for our product. Our engineering team is highly independent, and we are looking for somebody who feels comfortable building out large features that touch every part of the stack and working directly with product/design or customers.
Skills and responsibilities
The Senior Software Engineer's Responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with product and design on building new features and capabilities for our product
- Contributing to the overall architecture, design, and development of our infrastructure as our company grows
- Managing and communicating software project schedules
- Building and developing processes to continuously improve engineering performance and quality
New York,NYThough our headquarters are (were) in NYC we are in the process of moving to Phoenix, AZ but in either case are now an entirely remote/distributed team.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
- 2+ years of experience building user-facing products
- 3+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- Experience with Node.js, Postgres, Kubernetes, and React
- Experience working in a product development team (Product Managers / Designers / Engineers)
- Passionate about cities and making them better places to live
- Solid knowledge of end-to-end quality best practices
Bonus Points if…
- Engineering background in a domain relevant to data management, data analytics, or geospatial analytics