Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, public health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is the public Medi-Cal managed care plan for San Francisco serving 135,000 Medi-Cal members. SFHP also acts as a Third-Party Administrator to support the SF Department of Public Health for Healthy San Francisco and the SF City Option.
Based at the San Francisco Health Plan, a public Medicaid HMO, the Manager will be responsible for oversight of software applications and data exchanges that support 2 public programs: Healthy San Francisco, a health access program for low-income residents; and SF City Option, a financial benefit program for San Francisco workers. Our product team works on a wide range of direct-to-consumer applications, communications tools, and internal administrative systems, working with in-house development teams on proprietary software, as well as with a range of external vendors.
Skills and responsibilities
- Hire, mentor, coach, and supervise product managers.
- Analyze existing customer databases and communications tools, identify gaps and requirements for improvements, make build vs buy assessments, and oversee implementation of new solutions.
- Oversee product management processes and standards, such as: bug triage, backlog grooming, user stories and requirements, agile releases, user acceptance testing, and product communications and marketing.
- Champion data-driven product practices and bring in tools and best practices to support product decision-making.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and product managers to develop roadmaps and product strategies.
- Formalize the role of product management by building out performance standards, roles and responsibilities, career paths, and onboarding tools.
- Manage vendor relationships with software vendors.
- Interface with key internal customers to drive alignment on product initiatives and ensure their needs are being addressed.
- Serve as product manager on high-priority or high-complexity projects.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of experience as a product manager of software products, including experience writing user stories and requirements, conducting user testing, conducting user research, and managing backlogs.
- At least two years of people management experience, preferably of product managers or similar roles.
- Proven track record of managing complex products and building product road maps.
- Experience building, leading and developing a diverse team of high-performing product managers and teams.
- Experience with CRM and customer experience (CX) and communications tools strongly preferred (ie Zendesk, Salesforce, Medallia).
- Experience with data exchanges and database architecture a major plus.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication; ability to break complex topics down for different audiences.
- Ability to proactively identify problem areas and mobilize resources to solve them.
- Deeply collaborative and an excellent team player.
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity.