Citizentric is a new software consultancy that came out of civic tech volunteering in Los Angeles. At Citizentric we believe in using tech to empower the innovators who are already doing good in the world.
The product/consulting lead and UX designer have been working together for 3 months on design and discovery, and a part-time tech lead provided input to the design. We have followed Lean UX practices and have a thoroughly tested clickable prototype to build from. Together we have 20+ years of experience in software design and delivery.
Our nonprofit agency partner on this project is an innovator in the homeless services space, and they have secured funding to build a web app that will speed the process of getting individuals and families into permanent housing. Our team has already completed a discovery and design phase, and we have a well-tested MVP design to execute on quickly.
We’re seeking an experienced lead engineer to build a small engineering team around. The tremendous urgency around housing people ensures that we will have extremely high engagement with agency and government partners. Working in close partnership with our users, we’ll start delivering working software together within weeks and start piloting soon after.
Skills and responsibilities
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading the development and support of a highly available and secure web app
- Setting the bar for highly reusable, testable code
- Guiding a lean, flexible approach to development, including supporting evaluation of out-of-the-box ideas for getting to market faster
- Relentless focus on getting working software into users’ hands
- Working with product and design colleagues to estimate work
- This job is remote friendly.
- Salary: , Contract to start, very competitive rate
- Prior experience leading the development of a production application
- Deep understanding of best practices for data integrity and security
- Expert in at least one open-source language/framework, including testing and deployment automation tooling
- Expertise in front-end SPA frameworks (React, Angular)
- Experience with Python frameworks (Django, Flask)