UrbanLeap is a VC backed startup that is rewriting the way that local governments discover, test and procure new technologies. Cities as diverse as Sacramento, Las Vegas, Washington D.C and Tel Aviv use our platform to identify solutions that fit their unique needs, evaluate the best approach to urban challenges, and test technologies that deliver significant outcomes to their residents.
We are a fast-paced, customer centric, innovative and exciting place to work. We're deeply committed to a long term vision of accelerating innovation in the public space. We are a perfect sized start-up for employees who are eager to grow, passionate about urban innovation, and value the fact that their work has a direct impact on the quality of life of the 5.5 million citizens living in the 55 cities currently using our platform. We’d like you to share this passion with us!
Having completed a successful Seed Round of VC Funding, our customer base and product capabilities are growing dramatically. As such, we are expanding our Customer Success Management Team with a highly-organized, analytical, and empathetic individual to deliver an exceptional customer experience across a small portfolio of high-touch government agencies.
Skills and responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to:
- Use a consultative approach to identify our customer needs and articulate their strategic priorities around goals, milestones and metrics
- Plan, lead and execute on-boarding plans to optimize the implementation of the platform and ensure a successful adoption of UrbanLeap by key personnel at the customer
- Manage and moderate smart city innovation networks
- Assist with customers’ pilot programs planning, execution and share best practices developed by other agencies across UrbanLeap’s portfolio of customers
- Become the go-to person and escalation point for issues and opportunities by key customer stakeholders, ensuring high customer retention and satisfaction rates, and generating referrals
- Work closely with Sales, Product, Engineering and Design, and compliment key product discussions by gathering and communicating customer feedback and feature requests to internal teams
- Identify expansion opportunities, manage up-sells on your own, and coordinate/tee-up/cross-sell with sales executives
- This job is remote friendly.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, public administration, urban development, or related fields
- Great listener with an ability to demonstrate empathy and develop a passion for our customers missions and challenges
- Excellent research skills
- Experience with government procurement and purchasing rules is a big plus
- 2 years of experience in Customer Success Management within fast-growing companies
- Strong interpersonal skills and a track record of building collaborative relationships, especially at an executive level
- Experience driving complex process changes and ability to influence executive teams - mayors, city managers and chief information officers.
- Critical thinking and creativity to stay ahead of our customer’s needs and identify risks before they become problems
- Effective communicator when meeting, messaging, and presenting to customers
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative team player, with strong time management & prioritization skills
- Ability to manage a demanding workload, competing priorities & tight deadlines
- Experience working with Sales, Engineering and Product teams is a plus