At Bloom, we partner with state and local governments to design and build digital services. We’ve committed our passion, talents, and creativity to help:
- Make government work like we all think it should
- Fix services that have become siloed or ineffective
- Increase the digital muscle of the organizations we work with
We’re deliberate about the projects we take on, and we make sure that all members of the Bloom team work on projects that are collaborative, challenging, and impactful.
We’re looking for an experienced writer to join us in delivering user-centered products and services. Clear content is core to making services discoverable and useful. We’re looking for someone who can work side-by-side with UX researchers, developers, and subject matter experts to distill highly complex processes into accessible information.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not sure about the role but interested in working with us? Drop us a line anyway and let’s chat. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to help us make a difference in the work.
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring together a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We look forward to talking with you!
Skills and responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Work on a cross functional team of designers, developers, and subject matter experts to build and ship products and services
- Design, write, and edit content for a variety of audiences, products, and services and across a variety of media (e.g., websites, blogs, reports)
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand complexities in their processes, and meet users to learn from the ways they interact with information
- Implement content governance practices that help our partners achieve their goals while being mindful of resource constraints
- Incorporate diverse perspectives from a variety of user groups and stakeholders; when necessary build consensus with creative approaches, strong communication, data, and positivity
- Mentor and train colleagues and partners in your area of expertise — and be an enthusiastic learner of new skills and perspectives
- Establish performance goals to measure the effectiveness of content across a variety of media
- Be willing to move forward despite ambiguity — we don't always have a roadmap
- This job is remote friendly.
We’re looking for:
- Extensive writing experience — for large scale and long term projects
- Passion for finding simplicity in convoluted information
- **Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that you enjoy putting to use with a variety of people and functions.
- Analytical and creative thinking to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines under pressure, and collaborate with a distributed team
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way
- Positivity, a sense of humor, and adaptability