Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and social impact organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build the capacity to transform how they deliver services now and in the future.
We’re deliberate about the projects we take on. We make sure that all members of the Bloom team work on projects that are collaborative, interesting, and impactful.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not sure about the role but interested in working with us? Drop us a line anyway and let’s chat. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to help us make a difference in the work.
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring together a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We look forward to talking with you!
We are looking for an experienced product manager to lead a cross-functional team — that includes our partners — through an 8-week discovery sprint to understand and help reform the organ donation system in the U.S.
Despite overwhelming national support for organ donation, 33 Americans die every day waiting for an organ transplant, or are removed from the waiting list for becoming too sick to receive the transplant. As the New York Times Editorial Board wrote, an “astounding lack of accountability and oversight in the nation’s creaking, monopolistic organ transplant system is allowing hundreds of thousands of potential organ donations to fall through the cracks.”
We’re partnering with a nonprofit organization to run a discovery sprint to help research and design how we might dramatically improve outcomes through supply chain mapping, policy change, and technology improvements.
Skills and responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Lead a cross functional team of designers, developers, and subject matter experts to conduct research and distill insights. This includes holding daily standups, managing retrospective meetings, and providing regular updates.
- Adapt the project plan as needed in light of what the team learns through discovery.
- Navigate complex situations with empathy and kindness
- Distill insights from the research, with the help of UX researchers, designers, and writers. This includes quantifying areas of opportunity drawing on data and user interviews.
- Present information clearly for a variety of audiences
- This job is remote friendly.
At least three years of professional experience as a product manager working in an agile, iterative way as part of a cross functional team.
- Demonstrated track record of execution and entrepreneurial thinking. Previous experience working within or around enterprise level products is a plus.
- Extensive experience using analytical and creative thinking to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to keep the team on track to produce deliverables on a compressed timeline, while ensuring stakeholder involvement.
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution.
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor. Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints.