Our mission is to create human-centered services. We’re a coalition of digital gov alums who partner with governments and social impact organizations to design and build digital services that improve people’s lives. We help our partners build the capacity to transform how they deliver services now and in the future.
We’re deliberate about the projects we take on. We make sure that all members of the Bloom team work on projects that are collaborative, interesting, and impactful.
We are looking for an engineer to work on a cross-functional team — that includes our partners — to understand, document, and reform organ donation. We’re partnering with a nonprofit organization to help research and design how we might get more patients access to transplants through supply chain mapping, policy change, and technology improvements.
Despite overwhelming national support for organ donation, 33 Americans die every day waiting for an organ transplant, or are removed from the waiting list for becoming too sick to receive the transplant. As the New York Times Editorial Board wrote, an “astounding lack of accountability and oversight in the nation’s creaking, monopolistic organ transplant system is allowing hundreds of thousands of potential organ donations to fall through the cracks.”
We’re partnering with a nonprofit organization to run a discovery sprint to help research and design how we might dramatically improve outcomes through supply chain mapping, policy change, and technology improvements.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send your resume and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not sure about the role but interested in working with us? Drop us a line anyway and let’s chat. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals to help us make a difference in the work.
At Bloom, we care deeply about diversity and inclusion, and believe our team is strongest when we bring together a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We’re an equal opportunity employer and don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We look forward to talking with you!
Skills and responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Bring systems thinking and technical experience to a variety of situations to provide guidance for tech and policy interventions
- Navigate complex situations with empathy and kindness
- Design and prototype potential solutions
- Collaborate and participate on a cross-functional team
- This job is remote friendly.
- At least 5 years of experience working as an engineer or technical role on a team
- Familiarity with legacy technologies, digital transformation, health care systems, and technology procurement
- Ability to communicate clearly and increase transparency, with a strong competency in situational awareness and conflict resolution
- An adaptive, proactive, tenacious, and positive mindset
- Experience working in an agile, iterative way
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor. Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints