Boulder County Department of Housing and Human Services (HHS) is building a healthy, connected community that empowers people and strengthens families by confronting the root causes of crisis and instability. Primary focus areas for us today are investing in early childhood well-being and education, greatly expanding access to affordable and decent housing in our community and integrating data systems so we have a full picture of the needs of every neighbor who seeks our help. Internally, HHS is undergoing a shift towards using data in every aspect of decision making. We are building out a technical infrastructure to support decision making at every level of the department, particularly in our key operational areas.
BCHHS is seeking a candidate to fill our Statistical Analyst position. The Statistical Analyst position requires a highly motivated individual with the ability to contribute to a dynamic team environment. They will be directly responsible for supporting data related activities that could include data strategy, design, planning, profiling, definitions, metrics, movement, and quality improvements. These activities could fall in the areas of data governance, business intelligence, reporting, data warehouse, big data, data visualization and analytics. This position requires the ability to excel at analyzing data and make informed recommendations. This is a critical role in our department – we serve over 90k clients each year in Boulder county and invest millions of dollars into community services. Your team provides data, reports and insights that ensure we are using our resources to help our community members improve their lives as effectively as possible.
Examples of Duties
Examples of Duties
- Communicates with customers and leaders on status of assigned projects or routine tasks.
- Provides internal stakeholders with visual analysis and interactive dashboards to help them analyze and explore data.
- Works with peers assigned to similar tasks.
- Gathers basic information from stakeholders and program staff by asking relevant questions.
- Assists in researching all known issues and potential solutions.
- Builds data flows and models for various types of data, including Housing, Human Service, Financial, and other internal and external data sources.
- Follows procedure and/or checklists to resolve common task-level problems.
- Assists with producing data metrics and outstanding requests ensuring timely resolution.
- Profiles data and measures data quality
- Maps data from sources to targets
- Works closely with the Data Management team to provide requirements to improve data analytics, performance and usability
- Assists stakeholders in interpreting and applying data products
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
Skills and responsibilities
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Suite (Project, Visio, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to listen, explain, and interpret ideas and policies
- Ability to recognize problems
- Ability to organize and reason in a logical manner
- Communicates effectively, verbally and in writing, using a variety of communication methods to build productive relationships
- Ability to manage time and complete multiple tasks while continually meeting deadlines
- Ability to express ideas and explain and interpret data in easily understandable terms
- Ability to interpret and make conclusions based on available information
- Ability to work with people and handle pressure and stress in a dynamic and changing environment
- Ability to collaborate with staff
- Ability to understand and serve a community diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of identity
- Easily adapts to changes in responsibilities, work processes, timeframes, performance expectations, organizational culture or work environment
Boulder,COCurrently a remote position but will require relocation to the Boulder County area
- This job is remote friendly.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- At least two years of experience in an analytics role
- Experience in different visualization/reporting software and techniques (Tableau preferred), data blending, modeling, and prototyping
- Experience in documenting process and procedures
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Experience with data gathering, analysis and system requirements
- Experience talking to non-technical stakeholders about interpreting and understanding data