We are a federal contractor that supports government programs that serve disadvantaged populations. We have a focus on design, policy, data, and digital delivery.
You’ll be working with other contractors in the civic tech space. We work mostly on small teams where you’ll have an immediate impact.
We are looking to hire a front-end developer with strong design and accessibility skills. A full-stack developer with an interest in and excitement for front-end would also be a good fit. You’ll be working very closely with the design team on any projects you join.
- Ensure WCAG 2.0 AA compliance, including programmatically managing ARIA states (required)
- Use the CMS Design System
- Work closely with the design team in creating designs and collaborating on interactions
- Share front-end expertise and knowledge with the team
- Work on technical issues while caring deeply about the experience of the people using our product
- Support a safe, inclusive workplace and a positive team culture where all team members value diversity and individual differences
- Help our partner agencies deliver better digital services to the public
- Bachelor's degree in UX design, human-computer interaction, computer science, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Highly proficient in React and skilled in other modern web development technologies
- Practical, hands-on knowledge of WCAG 2.0 AA accessibility standards and how to build semantic solutions that meet those standards
- Familiar with design principles, industry standards, trends in product and UX design and research, and data visualization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Civic tech experience or interest a strong bonus
- This job is remote friendly.