Skylight (https://skylight.digital/) is at the forefront of a civic movement to reinvent how the government serves the public in a digital world.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our talented team of technologists in driving this movement forward.
You’ll be a key part of our small, but rapidly growing team, which consists of former Presidential Innovation Fellows, founders of 18F, and members of the U.S. Digital Service.
We work in small, fast, agile teams to create exceptional customer experiences and enduring solutions out of the government’s most complex design and technology challenges. The work is challenging, but highly rewarding.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, and subject matter experts to build and ship products and services. This includes holding daily stand-ups, managing retrospective meetings, and providing weekly updates.
- Define vision, goals, and measures for success for a portfolio of products and services
- Translate needs from users and government partners into an overall vision and product roadmap
- Proactively socialize, iterate on, and build buy-in for product initiatives with the team and government partners
- Work in close partnership with government teams to transfer skills and product knowledge throughout the course of the project
- Define the direction, scope, and priority of projects, building from user research to minimum viable products to scalable solutions
- Creatively navigate bureaucratic challenges, paving the way for more intuitive processes in the future
- Collaborate with government partners to ensure compatibility with existing processes and technologies
- Draw on data and feedback to inform the product and service vision
- Represent Skylight's culture of delivery when interacting with government stakeholders and other contractors
What we’re looking for:
- Experience shipping products in an agile environment
- Passion for creating simple, elegant user experiences
- Deep understanding of user centered design methods, iterative development, and usability best practices
- Demonstrated track record of execution and entrepreneurial thinking
- Previous experience with building or managing enterprise-level products is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Relationship builder who enjoys working with a variety of people and functions. You should be able to listen, ask questions to discern the true nature of problems, and synthesize needs (from internal and external stakeholders) into an actionable product roadmap.
- Extensive experience using analytical and creative thinking to solve problems
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Empathetic, collaborative, and able to adapt in the face of constraints
- Preference given to candidates with knowledge of product management technologies and best practices (such as Trello and GitHub)
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values (https://skylight.digital/culture/)
- Ability to travel from time to time
We focus on supporting you in a variety of ways:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for an economic stake in the company's success
- Performance bonuses, referral bonuses, publication bonuses, and public speaking bonuses
- Medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, dependent care FSA, healthcare FSA, and health savings account
- Dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match up to 10% of your salary
- Flexible paid-time-off policy (minimum of 29 days), which covers any type of leave (such as holiday, sick, and vacation) that you need or want to take
- Minimum of 9 weeks paid time off for all eligible new birth, adoption, or foster parents
- Annual $2,000 professional development allowance
- Annual budget of up to $750 for tech-related purchases
- Access up to $1,000 before payday to cover emergency expenses
- Incentives for living in a HUBZone area (https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map), including relocation assistance and a monthly stipend to help offset the cost of rent or mortgage
- Remote-friendly work environment
- An environment that empowers you to unleash your superpowers for public good
We participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
We're an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
- This job is remote friendly.
- Deadline: n/a