GetThru’s mission is to empower organizations to connect authentically with their audiences at scale while building a sustainable company committed to progressive social change. Our tools have been used by more than 2,000 organizations to send over 250 million text messages (ThruText) and make more than 100 million phone calls (ThruTalk) for event recruitment, voter and volunteer engagement, fundraising, polling, and more. We are an all-remote company with 32 full-time staff spread across 14 states. And while our roots are in progressive politics, we love partnering with organizations of all kinds that share our passion for creating a better world.
GetThru provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. As our company grows, we strive to make space for all kinds of people to do amazing work with us. We especially encourage applications from women, people of color, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, immigrants, and other communities underrepresented in technology startups. We believe that a team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences will be more creative, more adaptable, and more effective. And we strive to build a team that reflects the communities we are working to support.
GetThru is hiring a Senior People Success Manager to help shape and execute a people strategy that will attract, engage, develop, and retain our employees. The Senior People Success Manager will design processes and initiatives in areas such as employee experience, DEI, and learning & growth to make GetThru a great place to work. In addition to cultivating and innovating on team culture, the Senior People Success Manager will advise on employee relations and employment policies and practices while managing day-to-day HR operations. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Skills and responsibilities
- Design, implement, and manage various people initiatives across the company that help build team culture and increase employee engagement
- Apply a diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) lens across all people initiatives
- Contribute to the development of HR policies and processes that are scalable, compliant, and consistent with our company values; provide guidance in situations requiring policy interpretation
- Address questions and concerns and conduct problem solving required for employee relations matters
- Support hiring coordination and logistics with an eye toward improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our recruiting operations
- Support smooth onboarding, offboarding, and promotions of employees, including processing paperwork and managing personnel files
- Collect, analyze, and steward employee data; summarize findings and discuss trends and concerns
- Administer benefits and HR software and systems
Oakland,CAGetThru is an all-remote company with employees spread out across the country. Work from anywhere in the U.S. as long as there is good internet.
- This job is remote friendly.
$65,000.00-$85,000.00yearly, Commensurate with skills and experience.
- Deadline: n/a
Must Have Qualifications
- Experience designing or implementing people programs and/or culture initiatives
- Knowledge of or exposure to human resources processes, best practices, and employment law
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality, and attention to detail
- Curiosity, ability to think creatively, and a passion to learn a lot
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- Experience with DEI strategy and goal-setting
- Experience working in a People or HR function in a remote company
- Experience in a high-growth or startup environment
- Exposure to multi-state employment law or experience working with part-time employees
- Familiarity with a broad HR tech stack, such as performance management tools, applicant tracking systems, or HRIS software
- Ability to build relationships at multiple levels of the company
- A shared passion for creating a better world
While experience matters, and we care as much about work ethic, creativity, determination, and values alignment.