Position Summary: The IT Vendor Management Analyst will directly support the IT department’s contracts and vendor management with a focus toward optimizing vendor performance, relationships and strategy. The analyst is responsible for analyzing vendor service level agreements and contracts and vendor performance against the IT vendor portfolio.
Job Description: This job description describes the general nature and level of the work performed by the vendor management analyst. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required, duties and responsibilities.
- Support IT vendors as assigned with a heavy emphasis on contract renewals including spend and utilization analysis
- Conduct supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management; analyze complex contract proposals and negotiate favorable terms for renewals
- Advise contract/agreement owners on all terms/conditions to ensure quality of products/services and to reduce risk to the state
- Utilize and promote advancement of contract life cycle management
- Assist in the development and implementation of new policies, procedures and contract templates and provide education and training to internal customers
- Maintain and foster positive vendor relationships
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and a positive attitude when supporting internal customers
- Maintain relevant standards for IT contracts within the Contract Life Cycle system and complete accurate records of communications with vendors, Legal and contract/agreement versions
- Establish strong partnership and collaborations with legal, finance, procurement, business stakeholders and suppliers
- Actively seek ways to streamline contractual and procurement processes
- Act as liaison for escalation of issues identified by the vendor management team, procurement, business stakeholders, finance and external suppliers
- Maintain good vendor management documentation and records to support audit requests
- Assist with the coordination of periodic vendor business reviews
- Manage all SLA and KPI reporting for managed service providers
- Engage with key stakeholders to review operational progress of IT vendors
- Provide analytical support and utilize problem solving capabilities to generate standard or ad hoc reports and executive summaries
- Develop and utilize best practice tools including standardization of vendor scorecards, trackers, and KPI analytics reporting
- Assist with monitoring vendors contractual compliance
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractual requirements are met
- Work closely with finance, business stakeholders and vendors to reconcile purchase orders contracts and invoice discrepancies
Participate in contract dispute resolution and contract negotiations as directed by the IT Procurement Administrator.
- Deadline: n/a
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or IT OR 2+ years’ demonstrated experience leading, reviewing and negotiating IT contracts.
- Possess demonstrated experience working with IT procurement, contract management, software and hardware vendor management, and IT contract negotiation.
- Possess demonstrated experience and comfort working with contract life cycle solutions and other technology that drive process improvement.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years’ experience in procurement/vendor management.