Alter finds and supports high-growth tech ventures in emerging markets. Our mission is to catalyze development by supporting visionary entrepreneurs. We find the top tech companies around the world that have the potential to create economic opportunity at scale. We support high-character founders that are not only building their companies, they’re defying all odds to build their countries and are inspiring others to do the same.
Alter was founded three years ago out of Stanford’s Graduate School of Business. Alter currently works with 12 ventures in Nigeria, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Cuba, Afghanistan, and Haiti with operations launching in Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Kenya, and South Africa this year. Since 2015, our ventures have created 2,334 jobs, now generate est. annual revenues of $492M+, and serve 2M+ customers.
Projects: Fellows have the flexibility to design their projects in conversation with the company leadership, based on their experience and needs of the company.
- Play a critical role in scaling technology for a leading venture
- Step up in new or advanced roles with full ownership and autonomy
- Be immersed in a new business culture and geography
- Lead and/or mentor teammates while building capabilities
- Gain access to the Alter network of leaders and entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and beyond
Potential projects could include (but not limited to): architecting an increasingly complex back-end infrastructure of Bangladesh's largest ride-hailing company, using big data to guide a Bangladeshi grocery delivery app's product development, operational workflows, and customer-product interaction.
San Francisco,CALocation: Projects can be in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Pakistan, the Philippines, Turkey and the US.
- This job is remote friendly.
- You have experience working at a top tech company or start-up in the US or abroad
- You are currently pursuing a Master's degree and have precious internships at top tech companies in the US
- You are willing to relocate to any of the respective countries and spend a minimum of 6 months working with our ventures
- You are open-minded, curious, and exude excellence