When you come work with us, here’s what you’ll find:
Work that is awesome. We only work with clients who are changing the world. And, we say no to clients if we don’t believe in their cause or if we can’t help them.
Colleagues you can count on. Kind, dedicated, passionate people who bring the smarts, get things done, and help you to do your best, too.
So that’s us. Now about the work:
- We run online advocacy and fundraising campaigns. Great big ones you read about in the news and tiny ones you’ve never heard of that are saving lives. Lots of politically progressive groups – Planned Parenthood, League of Conservation Voters, PETA. Environmental groups such as National Geographic and Oceana, and cultural organizations we love, like the American Museum of Natural History.
- Day-to-day, we’re figuring out how to recruit supporters, influence policy, raise money, hold corporations accountable, make the most of news moments, and leave no idea unconsidered that might engage regular people in the world around them.
- Critical to our success is making sure we’re continuously taking advantage of all opportunities using both tried and true and cutting edge digital advertising technologies.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in this role:
- Develop smart digital advertising plans to meet fundraising, advocacy, and lead generation goals.
- Work with a team of media buyers and media planners to implement and manage digital advertising campaigns across our clients. This includes display, video, mobile, SEM, and Facebook advertising.
- Provide guidance to graphic designers and client teams on effective creative and copy.
- Negotiate terms with advertising vendors, review and finalize contracts, approve invoices.
- Review and monitor media buys – making recommendations for adjustments to optimize results.
- Evaluate digital advertising performance – review reports and produce analysis and recommendations on campaigns.
- Drive client strategy and advertising planning meetings. Confidently present ideas and results to clients.
- Research new advertising venues and stay abreast of online advertising trends; develop and maintain relationships with vendors and partners.
- Consistently use findings to inform best practices and train staff.
- Do your part to help us run smoothly - including carefully tracking all of your client hours as well as pitching in with small office management responsibilities.
Skills and responsibilities
Skills and experiences you should have:
- 5-7 years experience leading digital advertising strategy and media planning for clients in an agency setting.
- Experience running integrated campaigns including programmatic display and video, social media, and search.
- Experience optimizing direct response campaigns to improve performance and meet client KPIs.
- Ability to speak persuasively in a way that articulates your ideas and conveys your advertising expertise, whether on the phone or in-person.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Ability to manage many projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Success delegating up and down to ensure top-notch work products.
- Track record supporting the professional development of junior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to craft meeting agendas to identify project goals and ensure successful outcomes.
- Acute attention to detail - you don’t drop the ball.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and improve existing skills.
- Thoughtfulness, empathy, and self-awareness. You go out of your way to help others and look out for your colleagues.
- Passion for the role that digital advertising plays in creating change in the world. You are excited by the idea of working across many issues.
- Ability to set goals and drive toward them - never missing deadlines and always producing high-quality work.
- Recognition that feedback is a part of learning and growth and are committed to both seeking and receiving feedback.
- Preference to work in a team. You are able to do the hard work of seeing things from others’ perspectives.
- Ability to see a problem and propose a solution. You don’t wait for others to notice issues or assume someone else will fix it.
- You bring a lens of inclusivity to all of your interactions with colleagues.
- Salary: , The salary for this position starts at $83,000, with eligibility for an approximate $6,600 year end bonus depending on start date and firmwide performance.
Skills and experiences that are preferred, but not required:
- Experience developing advertising creative
Salary, benefits, and some perks:
This is an exempt position. The salary for this position starts at $83,000, with eligibility for an approximate $6,600 year end bonus depending on start date and firmwide performance. Exact salary is dependent on experience and new staff rarely start above this salary. We also offer a generous benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three week’s vacation as well as paid sick and personal days;
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits;
- 401(k) plan with quarterly employer contributions and an employer match;
- Professional development stipend;
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit;
- Free lunch once a week;
- Weekly brainstorms where we cook up our most creative ideas;
- All kinds of non-traditional benefits depending on which office you’re in. Records and record players. Snack breaks. Cold brew coffee on tap.
The fine print:
The position could be located in one of the following offices:
- 1101 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC
- 11 Park Place, New York, NY
- 262 Washington St, Boston, MA
- 1611 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA
- 1275 East 6th St, Los Angeles, CA
To apply, use the button on this page. No calls please.
M+R is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. M+R is strengthened by our staff’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, social class, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, and so much more. We strongly encourage folks from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We are communicators, marketers, fundraisers, and campaigners who unleash the power of people to do good. We work exclusively with nonprofits fighting for a just and sustainable world.